dishwasher connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What sort of a fitting do I need to join the outlet pipe of a dishwasher to the u-bend under the sink (for disposal) ??

Sponsored Links
You can get a "sink and w m/c trap" where you push the hose on and clamp it. Alternatively an "appliance trap adaptor", basically a 'T' piece with side hose connector as above. Depends on how your individual under sink set up is.
Go for a wander round your nearest plumbers merchants as opposed to D.I.Y. superstore, you'll be amazed at what you can get. And, as a bonus, the fellas (or ladies) behind the counter know what they're talking about !!

Make sure you route the drain hose in an upward loop from the under sink connector to prevent foul water from the sink filling up your dishwasher. The best way to have the drain is into a stand pipe.

Hi,
Newbie here...

Just wanted to ask a quick question.

I have a dishwasher coming soon, and i have been given a clamp on style outlet from the chaps at b&q.

they said clamp it to my existing down pipe (that currently has my washing machine waste pipe in) and this should be ok.

thinking about it, it will be easier to do, but..... if both W Machine and dishwasher empty at the same time, how can i stop it flooding.?

and where abouts on the downpipe is the best place to attach this.?

top - middle - near bottom etc and should the clamp on devise be below the end of the washing machine outlet etc.

I know that ideally they both should have their own drainage etc, but i wondered where the best place to attach this clamp would be, with the lowest risk if flooding, current downpipe drainage or somewhere on sink pipes etc.?

any advise would be gr8.

Sponsored Links
I dont like clampy on things at all . can you not fit another stand pipe for the dishwasher and have them both on the same oulet pipe ( connected together at the bottom ) in other words two standpipes into a t-piece just prior to going through the wall.

I don't know if this should be a separate subject, but it is possible to buy a u-bend waste pipe for dishwasher and washing machine on-line? I've just removed mine, it was silted up and cracked, and I can't find a replacement. I can't find them on-line, is B&Q the best place? Sorry if I've taken you off topic. :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back