Texecom Veritas 8 Compact - Entry alarm sounding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have set up a Texecom Veritas alarm system (wired).

All the walk testing, etc appears to be fine.

Am having trouble with entry zones. Have checked and double checked the zone specified in the programming menu for the correct zone for entry/exit.

Exit is fine, but on entry the alarm sounds as soon as the supposed 'entry/exit' zone is activated.

Have even tried changing the zone of entry/exit, with the same results occuring. It's like it's skipping any possible 'time delay' which the alarm should give you on entry to disable the alarm. The manual shows no such setting to alter the 'time delay'. So have no idea what to do next?

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Which Veritas is it, and which zone is entry exit, also do you have a PIR or like that can see you on entry, if so what zone number and what is it programmed as?

It is a Veritas 8 with 6 PIR's.

Zone 2 is the entry/exit zone. Have also tried with Zone 3 as entry/exit (disabling Zone 2 temporarily) with the same results.

Hope this helps.

Sponsored Links
Zone 1 is actually not where I want my entry/exit point to be, therefore changed it to Zone 2. Ideally i'd like Zone 2 and 3 to be entry/exit point if possible.

Is there a solution, or does it mean rewiring?

You can make any zone what you want. I only mentioned the defaults.
Did you change the programming when you swapped them around?

Just noticed, no contacts?

The programming was changed when they were swapped round.

Zone 2 was set as entry/exit.

Exit fine, entry alarm immediately went off, indicating Zone 2.

Changed to Zone 3, took off Zone 2 from entry/exit.

Exit fine, alarm immediately went off, indicating Zone 3.

Tried with both Zone 2 & 3 - Exactly the same results depending which zone/PIR you activate first.

No contacts?

Tried with both Zone 2 & 3 - Exactly the same results depending which zone/PIR you activate first.

Ehh?

Open entry/exit, go to keypad unset.
Other zone ( for example hall) is Inhibit.

What is entry time set at?

Tell you what default the panel wire it double pole zone 1 ( one pair alarm one pair tamper) link out evrything else. Tampers, bells the lot.
Lid it upp and set it with just zone 1.
See what happens then.

Contact = magnetic thing on door so panel knows door opens and shuts.

Tried entry exit as Zone 2 & Zone 3 - to clarify my previous post.

And on entry if zone 2 PIR was activated, OR Zone 3 - alarm would sound straight away.

There are no contacts, just PIR's.

I do not know what entry time is set at, from the manual I cannot see where it is changeable.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Time to read the book of words again.

Tell you what default the panel wire it double pole zone 1 ( one pair alarm one pair tamper) link out evrything else. Tampers, bells the lot.
Lid it upp and set it with just zone 1.
See what happens then.

Tried entry exit as Zone 2 & Zone 3 - to clarify my previous post.

And on entry if zone 2 PIR was activated, OR Zone 3 - alarm would sound straight away.

There are no contacts, just PIR's.

I do not know what entry time is set at, from the manual I cannot see where it is changeable.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.
Does this help? IT'S FROM THE MANUAL

Inhibited Entry
Inhibited Entry is sometimes referred to as 'intermediate entry' or 'walk through'.

Opening a zone with this Zone Type when the panel is set will cause an alarm.

During entry mode, activations of a zone with this Zone Type are disregarded.

This Zone Type would typically be used for a hall PIR when there is a magnetic contact on the front door.

PART 2

IT'S FROM THE MANUAL

Entry/Exit
Opening a zone with this Zone Type when the system is set will cause the control panel to start entry mode.

This Zone Type would typically be used for a front door magnetic contact or, if one is not fitted, a hall PIR.

The Final Door Set option (section 3.2.2, page 21) will cause the exit time to be reduced to 3 seconds when an Entry/Exit zone is closed during exit mode.

This option would typically be used only when there is a magnetic contact on the front door.

I know, just could not let it go on any longer. :rolleyes:

Why they don't RT*M, I'll never know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back