Texecom Veritas 8 Compact - Entry alarm sounding

Thanks again for your continued responses.

So are you suggesting I try zone 2 (which is my entry/exit zone) as Inhibited entry also?

Sponsored Links
Thanks again for your continued responses.

So are you suggesting I try zone 2 (which is my entry/exit zone) as Inhibited entry also?
NO.

Do the job correctly, fit a Magnetic Contact to the front door.

This will start the ENTRY TIMER to allow you to get to the Panel/RKP to turn it off.

Having a PIR start the ENTRY TIME is not the right way to do things (apart from being daft).

Think about it while reading my previous posts.

It's not you who broke in through the hall window.

What's the aversion to the door contact then?

As has been said it's the CORRECT way to do things.

Read my first two posts again and digest.

I'm not going to write an essay on the right/wrong way of fitting an alarm.

Even DIYers (should do it right), there again you're a DIYer, do what you think is right, even if it's wrong.

Oh, and by the way, a Magnetic Contact of one sort of another can be fitted to any door, wood, plastic, metal, glass etc

Sponsored Links
I appreciate what is being said, and without being rude I have all the PIR's wired in, no door contacts/sensors as was not advised they were needed and want this alarm to work in one manner or another.

If it's not the right way then it working up to a point is better than nothing in my view.

I appreciate what is being said, and without being rude I have all the PIR's wired in, no door contacts/sensors as was not advised they were needed and want this alarm to work in one manner or another.

If it's not the right way then it working up to a point is better than nothing in my view.
Well, you're advise was lacking.

Do it your way, just programme it correctly, good luck.

Do it right or don't bother, alarm systems are designed in specific ways for reasons, the main considerations are the risk to the property or the contents, the building construction, and the ease of use for the end user, in this case you are the user and the installer, the advice given here is all correct and is from professional people who do this day in day out, i work for the company that manufactures the control panel, and in my opinion it is the easiest to install and use on the market. The defaults we set are there for a reason, in 9 out of 10 systems, if you use the right components and the defaults we set you will not need to change the programming.

Using a PIR for Entry/Exit is fundamentally wrong, fit a door contact to zone 1, default the panel, and all will be well.

If i sound harsh i apologise, however like i said alarm systems need to be designed and installed correctly, if not will you blame the panel or other components when it fails to go off during a break in, or will you admit that the design and programming was wrong?

Not advised about contacts?
But you have been advised several times in this thread - by people who do this for a living.

If someone advised you what to buy and what you need, then that person was wrong. Yes, you can do it without contacts but it is not 'the right way' to do it.

Billy burglar just loves installs like yours. And as Adrian pointed out, who you going to look to blame when it lets you down?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back