Removing Flashing Tape ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My sunlounge glass roof has had all of it's joins at the joists taped up with flashing tape. I need to remove some of this, but it's proving quite tricky.

Does anyone have any tips for doing this ?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
rshales007 said:
My sunlounge glass roof
Need more info, is this glass toughened or wired?

If not, maybe best to replace the lot for safely or use twin wall polycarbonate sheeting.

The glass roof is wired, not toughened and yes, the tape is bitumen with a foil back. I guess this should breakdown with white spirit or some other solvent.
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
rshales007 said:
I guess this should breakdown with white spirit or some other solvent.
Cheers.

if you knew that, then why dd you ask?

bit of heat from a hair dryer, wide window scraper (professional type) to get the worst of and then a solvent to get the residue off. oh and lots of patience and hard work

Odourless kerosene will make the bitumen running then wipe it off with a rag, don't breathe it though & wear a mask.

I just remembered you may not be able to get kerosene so another product is called D-Tar which is a tar & bitumen remover, see this

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back