Accenta alarm fault

Sorry wrong.
Otherwise why have a NVM in the first place.
A power recycle will just do that and free a locked RKP.
A REBOOT needs a few other things doing.

Sponsored Links
thanks again. Still no luck in finding someone who will come out to look at it. Ive uploaded a pic of the alarm panel. Not sure how I can get it on this message. Ive had a go so fingers crossed.
Any ideas on what Accenta alarm it is from the photo. Ive also put a note on it to show what lights are out on it. Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Hi again,

I think I have now found the alarm system. The box panel says its a Kinetic 9907 with an accenta keypad.

Will the advise you gave me still stand (i.e change the battery in the Kinetic panel?).

Still trying to get hold of a contractor. All the ones Ive phoned were closed due to bank hols or want me to sign up for a yearly contract before they come out to see me.

Advice very much appreciated.

changing the battery is easy;

get yourself a 12volt 3.00 amp hour sealed lead acid battery from one of the numerous online suppliers.

remove the front cover of you alarm box (not the keypad)
DISCONNECT THE MAINS FIRST!

remove old battery
fit new battery.

yep, the outside box should now be making a noise!!

enter your user code
put cover back on the main box

put the mains back on

you should only now have to press the RESET button

enter your code and test that it works!

if you need any further info, post away!!

Oasis

PS, if i was in you neck of the woods i would come out and do it for you!
but travel from here to there would not be cost effective !!!!!

Thanks so much for that step by step breaksown of what to do.
One question...

The "user" code that you told me to put in... Is that the code I normally put in to set & upset my alarm?
I take it I put that into the keypad and not the kinetic alarm box?

I dont need another code do I?

Sorry if its a stupid question! Just want to make sure I have all the facts before the cover comes off!

Thanks again.

yes mate your user code is the one you use to set/unset and do all the other things that you need to do (other than programming things)

as i said you external siren WILL sound, dont worry about it, just tell you nieghbours you are testing your system!!

Oasis

12volt 3.00 amp hour sealed lead acid battery ...do you have info on where I can purchase this from. Looked online but cant seem to find a 3 amp model anywhere!!

Can it be more or less than a 3 amp?

Help on this appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back