changing alarm bell box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Looking for a bit of advice please.

I want to install a new bellbox to my Intellisense (honeywell) Securit 800L
alarm panel. I have purchased an intellisense / honeywell AG6 sounder/strobe.
I am confident enough with the wiring of the bellbox, but would like to know if I can do the job without deafening myself and my neighbours.

I have the engineering code but am unsure wether or not using it will disable the bellbox tamper circuit when I remove the old bellbox cover. Like wise when I connect the battery link in the new one before I put the cover on.

Thanks In advance for any advice.

Sponsored Links
I am no expert, but I am sure that if you have someone stood next to the control panel / keypad. and when you remove the bell box cover which may set the alarm off you just type in the engineers code and that will stop the alarm? and allow you to do the changeover, it may happen again when you remove the tamper wires, again just enter the engineers code. It did for me

Safe Dave

Nothing will totally disable the sounder once the power is removed until the back up batterys are removed.

User and orengineer code will stop the panel. Engineers being the best until you recommission.

Hi

Looking for a bit of advice please.

I want to install a new bellbox to my Intellisense (honeywell) Securit 800L
alarm panel. I have purchased an intellisense / honeywell AG6 sounder/strobe.
I am confident enough with the wiring of the bellbox, but would like to know if I can do the job without deafening myself and my neighbours.

I have the engineering code but am unsure wether or not using it will disable the bellbox tamper circuit when I remove the old bellbox cover. Like wise when I connect the battery link in the new one before I put the cover on.

Thanks In advance for any advice.

The bell box will usually ring for about 20 mins with out 12v being fed to it, if it contains a battery, which it should.

Have ladders at bell box ready, power down control panel, up ladder and cut battery/sounder wires. Silenced. depending on how old the original siren is, it may not even sound at all if the battery is dead!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info guys.

Pretty much as I suspected. So I guess it will be the same in reverse for the new bell box?

Make the conections, insert ear plugs ,connect battery link in bell box last, refit cover - closing tamper circuit, dash down ladders, and enter code in panel to silence?

Thanks again for those who responded.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back