Want to find out more deatiled plans of house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to find out more details about my house, boundary dispute again!! Has any one used this website:

http://www.uklrs.co.uk/property-boundaries/?gclid=CNya8Ym-gKkCFQEY4QodwTwFSA

Does it give more info than the stuff I have from when I bougt the house or is it a rip off!!?We would like to beable to have a bit more knowledge of our boundaries as I am sick of year in year out disputes! I woke today to find my holly hedge had been cut down....mmm leylandii on the shopping list I think! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I want to find out more details

More details than what?

That site wont give you anything more then you can get from the land registry or whoever is holding copies of your deeds (mortgage company).

May be cheaper too than using those in your link

Its mainly boundaries that we are interested in finding out a bit more about. We want to know where our boundary with a nieghbour lies. We have all the stuff from when we bought the house and I had a feeling that the website I found would just show the same.

There are a few of these types of website that charge you more for what you can do yourself.

Your boundary details are available from the land registry site for a fiver or so.

And your neighbours - it is prudent to get all surrounding neighbours deeds to.

Sponsored Links
If you hold the deeds to your house then it will show the border of your property outlined in red on the plans. If you don't have the deeds then it may be possible that your property is on your local council's website via any planning permissions etc so you may be able to view your borders that way. Here in Leeds we have a council website service called Public Access and you can search for any planning applications or permissions for any property in the area. It then tells you what the work was and can show the property and it's boundaries on an overhead street map. Here is an example of the Leeds service with one of my properties on which I converted to flats a few years ago :

http://planningapplications.leeds.g...06TUSJBLI000&propno=000072063858&showmap=true

I would think most councils in the UK will have a similar system so it may be worth a try.

They're developed from OS maps with are not accurate at that scale especially for where boundary disputes are involved.

That depends on the boundary in dispute. Each property is different and it may just show enough to clarify things. At the least it is a starting point.

We want to know where our boundary with a nieghbour lies.

As above. You can download your land registry certificate for a few quid and you can also download you neighbour's as well. Comparing the two might tell you something. Do it from this site.

www.landregistry.gov.uk/wps/portal/Property_Search

We might be able to help further with a bit more info on the nature of your problem.

I want to find out more details about my house, boundary dispute again!! Has any one used this website:

Does it give more info than the stuff I have from when I bougt the house or is it a rip off!!?We would like to beable to have a bit more knowledge of our boundaries as I am sick of year in year out disputes! I woke today to find my holly hedge had been cut down....mmm leylandii on the shopping list I think! :LOL:

You can't necessarily determine boundaries from plans or with a tape measure. If there are boundary features on the ground that have been in place for a number of years (someone else will be more up to date than I am on the time periods appropriate for adverse possession), then they are the boundaries. You can't move into a property, accept the physical boundaries for decades, then decide on the basis of a line in a plan that the boundary is in the wrong place. Boundaries move.

Cheers
Richard

Thanks for all the replies. I have got the land registry outline but i was looking for something more accurate. Issues have cropped up on and off for ten years and everytime we try and sort it we hit a brick wall. We have no fences between our gardens so you need to have good will with neighbours and discuss a bit more about chopping hedges etc...this works with all the other neighbours except the one I live next to! In hindsight we should have put a fence in when we moved in... now its gone so far past the talking and mediation route! The neighbour cut down a holly hedge of mine that screened the back of her play house. Its no benefit to her that I can see and i now have a view of the back of it! I also feel the play house is on our side. but have never said anything. I have never cut down any plants to the extent she does, it was shocking! definitely no compromising with them. I would love to find out some more accurate measure, So i would know what I can put where! I don't want to encroach on any ones property but want the same respect back, and it just doesn't happen( I did wonder if old aerial photos would be readily available)
GALLERY]

The other 4 neighbours and myself have longer gardens than they have (ours goes behind theirs) and I think they are using this land to judge the boundary, but this land was divided differently due to making each neighbour get equal plots of land. I have told her this and all the thing about trespassing etc previously and it just doesnt get through. It is no use talking to them because there is nothing new to say. I am a bit at a loss what to do. If I put in new plants further over onto my land she will just creep a bit further over and at times you have to say enough is enough..
Sorry for the long message....just nice to get the support on here and I need to get it off my chest! Thanks for all your help ;)

The other 4 neighbours and myself have longer gardens than they have (ours goes behind theirs) and I think they are using this land to judge the boundary

Your land registry title plan will tell if a boundary is a couple of metres out but it's not accurate enough to tell you if it's half a metre out. From what you say above it sounds like you might be talking about probably more than a couple of metres so comparing yours with the neighbours might help.

My advice is work out the position of the boundary by averaging between the two documents and put a fence up. If the neighbour has anything to say just show them the title plans.

You can't necessarily determine boundaries from plans or with a tape measure. If there are boundary features on the ground that have been in place for a number of years (someone else will be more up to date than I am on the time periods appropriate for adverse possession), then they are the boundaries. You can't move into a property, accept the physical boundaries for decades, then decide on the basis of a line in a plan that the boundary is in the wrong place. Boundaries move.

Cheers
Richard

i have photos of the garden from when we moved in (ten years ago) showing crazy paving type wall (not really sure how to describe it!) which was down, what I classed as the middle. we both had a built up flower bed and we removed the three sides of ours and left the one down the middle which they removed. Would this be enough evidence? There is also a concrete fence post.We also had a verbal agreement that on one particular tree we went up to the side of it as our boarder, their play house is now over this line and they don't seem to realise tree trunks get thicker! Not forgetting to mention their fence on the other side of their garden is not straight so they lose about a foot at the end! (the other side of the garden is next to a drive I part own with the other neighbours)
[GALLERY=media, 34480][/GALLERY]
Not sure how clear this is ! Wish I had taken more photos!! :roll:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back