Home Booster Pump Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, i currently have an unvented DHW system, the DHW is fine but my cold water is poor, if i turn a tap on upsatirs then one downstairs will have little or no flow.

I have installed an electric shower downstairs but the kids complain its not as good as mine in the onsuite fed from the unvented cylinder :)

I was sp[eaking with someone the other day and he mentioned a home booster pump.

I have looked over the internet and found that grunfos do them and so does draper.

http://www.bhl.co.uk/product/GRUNDFOS_HOME_BOOSTER_SET_COLD_WATER_37_BAR_PUMP

http://www.plumbnation.co.uk/site/grundfos-upa-15-90-home-booster-pump/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0001K9Z...de=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B0001K9ZBY

im assuming they cannot be fit to the cold supply?

has anyone fit on of these?

Thanks for you time.

JJ

Sponsored Links
Ok so looking a little further into this it seems you need written approval before connecting direct to the mains, im assuming this is for contamination issues?

A break is required.

Has anyone fit the grunfos ups 15-90 to thier incoming cold mains by getting approval or even tried?

Thanks

JJ

The grundfos home booster is a nice bit of kit but expensive, it incorporates its own break tank so all you have to do is connect it to the mains, the other 2 on your list arent suitable for direct connection to the mains.

If your dhw is ok, a dual stream system may be an option, rather than a pump, its just another thing to take into consideration if you have the space!!!!

Sponsored Links
DualStream doesn't exist anymore, GAH lost the licence.

It is now TCWS Mainsboost.

only the first one unfortunatly the one thats about 1000 is the only one you can use what you need to remember is your problem is volume not pressure.

do you know what size main comes into your house?

also a few basic things to try check that your stop cock inside and outside are fully open i find alot that are barely open causing a restricted flow, and any other valves or restrictions on your pipe work

water softener?

I used to lay 25mm MDPE mains for severn trent :) , the drive has already been blockpaved here and the incoming main is hidden where it nters the house, i would assume its lead around here though.

It only really came to mind when i saw a very large tank at a house i was working at, he had a pump off that feeding his taps.

When i found out about the small grunfos pump i thought this would of been an easy option.

My logic was they allow pressure washers connected to the main so why not a pump.

JJ

have asked myself the same thing in my opinion pressure washers contraveen water regulations

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back