Texecom veritas Excel , Pyronik Belle - Sporadic alarm?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

A few months ago I installed a Texecom Veritas Excel control panel/keypad and Pyronik Belle bell box. All was well until recently when my bell box started sporadically sounding for no apparent reason in bursts of 5 or so seconds. For example yesterday evening at ~7.30 it sounded for a 5 sec burst (the alarm wasn't set and no message appeared on the keypad - it's as though it never happened) and it then did the same thing at 2 this morning (at this point the alarm was set to ‘night mode’ but yet again, no message was displayed on the keypad)! This seems to be completely random as on Sunday I was outside the front of the house all day painting and it never made a peep. Do you have any ideas on what could be going on? Could it be a loose connection of some sort? The pressure/tamper switch on the box? (although the keypad doesn't register any 'tamper' faults) The internal battery? Or something in the control panel?

Thanks for any help and advise you may be able to offer.

Sponsored Links
You've highlighted some of the likely causes. Best way now is to check.

Thanks alumni.

I was just wondering if people had any previous experience of such issues and if so, which of the suggested possibilities may be the most probable.

Thanks alumni.

I was just wondering if people had any previous experience of such issues and if so, which of the suggested possibilities may be the most probable.
If only life was so easy.
With fault finding it is always best to approach with an open mind.
Yes, there are the usual obvious causes but without checking properly, you'll never get to the bottom of the problem.
Who's to say there isn't two or more faults?

Sponsored Links
You're absolutely correct. IF they're all possible then they all need to be investigated. However, I thought that some could potentially be ruled out by definition i.e. 'it can't be the tamper switch as otherwise the tamper status light would illuminate'. 'It can't be a certain wire as otherwise it would be ringing constantly' etc. However, if all options are possible then yes, they all need to be checked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back