scantronic 9448 replacing PIR?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 9448 installed roughly 15 years ago - recently one PIR has started to glow red continuously
Can I simply replace the PIR with a new one (no obvious spiders etc infront of sensor) without opening the box? or is there likely to be another fault
I do not have the service manual only the basic user manual/instructions
any help appreciated
And

Sponsored Links
It may not be the PIR at fault, it could be the panel, either way you need to open the box and without the engineers code you will have all the bells going off.

I would suggest you contact a local SSAIB or NSI registered company, or a company used by friends relatives to look at it for you, TBH after 15 years you may want to think about replacing the panel and components, you could get this fixed and then something else fail in two weeks time.

Try a walk test.

http://www.chrislewisfs.co.uk/getat...448-user-guide/Scantronic-9448-user-guide.pdf

Ahh looked up for once, you have user guide.

If it (pir) does not respond, swap it with one that does. If the zone then works its the pir. If not the panel.

Google is your friend, panel average 40 quid.
Pir 1/2 decent 12.( for DiY)

OOO:pS forgot, if you do change panel yourself DANGER MAINS ELECTRICITY PRESENT, isolate and test before working on it.
If unsure get 3 quotes.

Phew remembered in time b4 i got my balls chewed off for bad advice.

thanks all for advice - now working again/think a loose connection to the PIR after some redecorating 12 months ago
anyway it's fixed!
thanks again
A

Sponsored Links
Oi,one last thing............

Change the battery, or you`ll be here next week saying the keypad has locked out!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back