Connecting floorstanding bath taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just wanted to know the best way to fit the base plate for a floor standing bath tap. Large brass plate with male 1/2" threads out the sides (with not much room for fittings to fit under decorative cover). As this is designed to be screwed down to the floor should i just use 15mm-1/2 bent tap connectors.

Floor is to be tiled, so no access once jobs done.

TC SERIES 9
http://www.tc-bathrooms.com/c/7317-serie-nine/54305-serie-9-floor-standing-bath---shower-mixer/

AND I have just noticed that they require 1bar, was going to run them of upstairs tank/cylinder but don't think thats enough

Sponsored Links
Make/model of taps?

Floorstanding taps can be a PITA sometimes...

will now draw c/w from mains and hot from powershower.
Wish I'd noticed the small print before buying...

will now draw c/w from mains and hot from powershower.
Wish I'd noticed the small print before buying...

Someone just told me that it is illegal (presume against regs) to combine mains c/w and pumped h/w, due to risk of scalding if the mains is shut off..

!?

Sponsored Links
Someone just told me that it is illegal (presume against regs) to combine mains c/w and pumped h/w, due to risk of scalding if the mains is shut off..

Then i guess all sink mixers would be illegal. :D

it was a contact at TC, quote,

"HELLO .SORRY BUT YOU CAN’T USE MAINS AND GRAVITY TOGETHER.IF SOMEONE IS IN THE SHOWER AND THE WATERBOARD TURN THE WATER OFF THEN THE SOMEONE GETS SCALDED.THE SHOWER THERMO CARTRIDGE MAY SHUT DOWN THE SHOWER BUT IF THERMO CARTRIDGE FAILS THEN THEY GET SCALDED.I THINK IT IS ILLEGAL TO DO GRAVITY AND MAINS MIXED TO A SHOWER. PLEASE TRY AND GET TO THAT COLD PUMPED FEED.LOL.KINDEST REGARDS FROM ROB.WING AND A PRAYER TIME"

it was a contact at TC, quote,

"HELLO .SORRY BUT YOU CAN’T USE MAINS AND GRAVITY TOGETHER.

Rubbish.

IF SOMEONE IS IN THE SHOWER AND THE WATERBOARD TURN THE WATER OFF THEN THE SOMEONE GETS SCALDED.THE SHOWER THERMO CARTRIDGE MAY SHUT DOWN THE SHOWER BUT IF THERMO CARTRIDGE FAILS THEN THEY GET SCALDED.
Not very likely

I THINK IT IS ILLEGAL TO DO GRAVITY AND MAINS MIXED TO A SHOWER.

Thats why the trevi boost is a successful shower using gravity hot cold mains
common sense on any other shower is to use balanced supplies.

Thanks

I have routed pumped c/w and h/w from existing shower, and fixed extra batten so I can put some big screws through the floor into the joist. However, the ring solder bend tap connectors I was going to use are too wide (for the cowl to fit over). I've also tried compression, but they were also too wide. ??

On another note, at what stage is it best to fix the base plate.
Floor will be 25mmWBP ply, UFH with Self Level Comp. then tiled. Best to leave the tails and fix after tiling, or fix and screw to PLY prior to SLC and tiles. ??

Advice from anyone welcome.

Hi
I've just been trying to sort out the same problem, how do you make a connection in the end?

Ive tried the compression and solder bends also and neither fit!!

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back