manu's service engineers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all someone I know booked a biasi service engineer who arrived today and is coming back next week to change g/v (sticking internittently) and vessel and ign board.

I was wondering how they get paid by biasi. do they get parts off biasi and charge set fix fee, or do they buy parts themselves and bill biasi or do they get paid a retainer (because they are subbying)

just interested, has anyone worked subbying for the manu's and is it lucrative ...or not!

The customer is paying a flat fee.

Sponsored Links
no approx six years old, phoned biasi and they sent a subby who arrived today. think he said he paid £190 flat fee (if memory serves, wasnt listening when he mentioned biasi :)

which vessel ? expansion vessel at 6 years.
seems he is either guessing or bumping up their invoice.
well at least they are the experts.

Sponsored Links
Working for manufacturers is a good way of meeting potential service clients for your own business, however the financial rewards are not fantastic, most manufacturers do pay their invoices on time though,
on balance, working for manufacturers will help you build a customer base more quickly. ;)

hi all someone I know booked a biasi service engineer who arrived today and is coming back next week to change g/v (sticking internittently) and vessel and ign board.

I was wondering how they get paid by biasi. do they get parts off biasi and charge set fix fee, or do they buy parts themselves and bill biasi or do they get paid a retainer (because they are subbying)

just interested, has anyone worked subbying for the manu's and is it lucrative ...or not!

The customer is paying a flat fee.

Is it one of your customers ? did u install the boiler ? had some pretty dire expeirences with Biasi UK for in warranty work , turn up measure the heigt of the room stat off of the floor , sniff water for inhibitor , quote varoius Brit standards , leave 6 or 7 sheets of A4 advertising literature , advertising them selves ( not biasi ) look for some thing anything wrong & are probably disapointed when they cannot find any thing ? ask Biasi politely for an explanation for some comments made to a customer & they pretty much tell u to foxtrot Oscar , we are not responsible they are sub contracters go away , there a total shower to deal with !
How ever & this is important one should not tar all service agent's used by Biasi with the same brush it would be unfair & wrong !

I think to be a biasi service agent u have to buy into it eg X amount of spares ect which u are responsible for , we got offered this work by Biasi a long long time ago had a meeting down here asked how much for an warranty sevice call out & fell off the chair :) money is in referals I think not warranty work , get to build up a customer base which I took as poaching some one elses customers! basically got told this in so many words !
Maybe ??

no i have never fitted one! i only generally fit worcester. it's a mate he knows i dont touch them so he just told me about it! I figured it was good value in view of the possible replacement parts and costs.

i just couldnt get my head around who earns what and how much when you consider his parts will cost more than £200 alone.

When I get worcester out for a warranty call a part that costs me £350 (heatcell) probably costs them £85, so they are always in a win win with their own engineers and parts but using a subby got me thinking that the maths cant add up for biasi....or is it some kind of loss leader.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back