Celcus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
has anyone ever heard of this make or had any problems with them.?

A friend of mine has just been sent one of these as a replacement from an insurance company. now the problem is, she has one sky box in the main room which then feeds another 2 tv,s via magic eye.

Now i have tried the celcus tv at 2 points in the house and it dosnt work, yet when i try a Lg tv at these points the Lg one works.

so im thinking the Celcus tv is faulty ? would you agree ? i keep gettign a NO SIGNAL. and in the install menu the RF2 is selected to ON.

Yet even tho the magic eyes led is on they are not working now eiother...

Sponsored Links
The tuners in various TVs can have differing sensitivities. Some are better than others at picking up weak signals. However, not picking up any stations at all could be a broken TV as you suspect, or maybe a setup issue with the TV, or it could be a very poor aerial signal/distribution system. The latter covers a lot of ground. A common problem is bad DIY connections.

Sky Eyes can be really fussy about being connected and disconnected "live". I've known some brands to die if the system isn't unplugged before making connection changes.

The final thought though is about Celcus. I suspect it's another supermarket budget brand sourced from China or Turkey. Did your friend have a big name branded set before or was it a Beko/Bush/Technika/Goodmans type? The point is does her insurance policy provide like-for-like cover and has she had an equivalent quality TV, or has the supplier to the insurance company just supplied the cheapest alternative they can find?

Well Chris thanks for your reply, the insurance company have said they will exchange the tv for a Digihome model, and that if that dosnt work then they will not do anything else.

I just find it wierd that one brand can work , and another cant.

Also i did notice the magic eyes were plugged directly into the tv socket instead of onto some coax then to the tv aerial point, yet she says its worked for 3 years as it is.

Just for a last note, the Rf2 out from the main box then goes to a Y splitter then to 2 tv,s from that , and yet again its worked like that for 3 years.

well im waiting for the new tv to come and lets see what happens

Sponsored Links
Digihome....another cheap badged set.

It shouldn't be a surprise to you or anyone that a cost-cutter TV brand has inferior performance. Surely that's an evident and logical conclusion?

Cheap TVs are just an exercise in shifting cost from one place to another. Spending less at the till on a TV means you have to compensate by spending more on the rest of the system. You need to spend money and time (which also translates as money) on a better aerial distribution system to make up for the poorer quality tuner. There's no free lunch.

WRT to Sky Eyes, it makes no difference where they are connected.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back