Roof scaffolding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A builder came to look at damp between mine and my neighbour's Victorian houses recently - his pal hastily erected scaffolding to look for the damp. A crack was found in our chimney and he called Building Control in and then gave us a quote for a re-build of the chimney (£2,500). My neighbour has a builder pal who was then invited to do the job as he said that only the rendering needed doing and a few bricks replacing and did the job for half the price and the Building Control gent was happy with his work.
The original builder has failed to reply to texts/phone calls to ask his pal to dismantle the scaffolding so what options have I got open to me to get the scaffolding down if he continues to ignore texts etc? Would another scaffolding company dismantle work put up by another?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Out of interest, did the neighbours builder use the scaffolding to access the roof? Your builder might even charge you/neighbour for usage.

Andy

[quote="phil1963";p="2001931"]A builder came to look at damp between mine and my neighbour's Victorian

Has he invoiced for the investigation?

Under duress and following some rude texts from the builder, he gave me the name of the scaffolders (but not their ph number) and after much detective work, I found them and on payment they took it down this week within two days. Looks like had I not paid them I could have got some travellers to take it down as they'd forgotten they'd erected it!

If you thought that scaffolding was used simply in the construction business to allow access to buildings and enable those working on the exterior of a building to complete their jobs then you may need to think again. There are many other uses of this clever system of tubes, including temporary roof scaffolding.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back