Calor gas heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,didnt know where to put this topic,but figured you guys where best bet,hope you can help.I have purchased a (used) calor gas heater for my small 8ft x 6ft shed,do you foresee any problems with fumes etc. I do intend putting two vents in to promote circulation.Thanks Paul

Sponsored Links
Any gas heater which burns the room air lowers the oxygen content!

If its not working correctly it can produce CO which can poison you.

If its a modern one it will have an oxygen depletion device which will turn it off if the oxygen in the room gets too low. We dont know how modern it is!

Unfortunately many people whilst they may have vents they like to cover them and then the poison problems begin.

Of course these heaters also produce about 2 li of water vapour an hour and so that can cause condensation.

Tony

Sponsored Links
watchin them on flea bay as we speak,thanks though

CO alarms have a "life" of between 5 and 7 years. Make sure the "dispose of" date stamp allows for a reasonable usgae time. I have just been offered some bargain alarms, but are 2 years out of date. I've bought a load to give away with new installs, but this type of thing ends up in the market at normal prices, being sold to the unsuspecting and ill informed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back