Wiring a smoke alarm system into a Texecom Premier 48

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Aico mains smoke alarm system that I would like to trigger My Texecom alarm system if the smoke alarm system ever goes off.

I think this is possible as about 10years ago a guy wired (I think it was a relay, which I should still have with a bit of luck) so that if we ever had a power failure on a large marine aquarium we had, I would get a phone call from the alarm system telling me there was a power failure.

Would it be possible to do something similar for the smoke alarm system?

Any help & advice would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Depending on which model smoke alarm it is, it may have a relay output built in, i which case you just wire this to a zone on the panel and programme as 24 hour, or Fire

Hmmm yes its possible.
reconmended is another question.

Aico interlinked smoke detectors have a "switch line" ( think its the white lead from the connector bloc IIRC). You could in theory have a 240 ac relay ( http://www.discountelectronicsstore...plies/round-base-relays-powr-rly-240vac-3pdt/ )
Switching a NC going Open output into a zone programmed as Fire.
Using a common neutral and the switched live it would mean any detector triggering would activate the relay.

Aico are a bit fussy about their kit being "messed around with" so don't expect too much help from them.
But is simple enough to do if your confident, and TEST it throughly afterwards and of course periodically as with any fire detection systems.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I misread - saw the comment about the aquarium and was thinking about that!

Sorry, I misread - saw the comment about the aquarium and was thinking about that!
Probably the way I worded it, my grammar is nearly as bad as my networking skills, my skills are of a more practical nature. :)

THANKS Guys for your help, Long time no hear :)

What I am hoping to have is two diferant types of alarm activation messages sent to my mobile via the speech dialer, One saying Intruder alarm activated The other saying The house is bloody burning down, if you get what I mean, so would that count out just wiring it to a normal zone?

As Adrian and myself have said, prog as Fire.
Use the fire output to trigger the dialers other message.
Job done.

Good to see you progressing.

Probably the way I worded it, my grammar is nearly as bad as my networking skills, my skills are of a more practical nature. :)

Nope, I think its the effect of a couple of drinks with dinner!

AFAIK, you cannot specify the text the Com2400 send to the mobile, but you will get an identification of the cause of the alarm. I think it says something along the lines of "Alarm Panel <time> <date> Area:<> Zonexxxx FIRE"

As Adrian and myself have said, prog as Fire.
Use the fire output to trigger the dialers other message.
Job done.

Good to see you progressing.

Right I get you,
I will have a look at the smoke alarm that is in the loft tomorrow & see if I can figure out how to wire it to the panel.
I am pretty competent with the normal household electrics (I should be as I wired all our house about two years ago) but I don't know anything about relays.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back