Wiring a smoke alarm system into a Texecom Premier 48

Sponsored Links
aico do a pre made relay base Ei428 Relay Base .
Looks like This Ei428 relay base should do the trick perfectly,
My system is not the RadioLINK, but it says it can also be used with conventional hard wired interconnect systems.

aico do a pre made relay base Ei428 Relay Base .

If anyone is interested, while shopping online for the Ei428 RadioLink Remote relay base, I discovered that they also do a Ei128R & Ei128RBU which I think are the same but without the RadioLink.

As far as I can see the Ei128R is just a relay & the Ei128RBU has battery backup.

Edit: Would I need the battery backup one, all the smoke sensors are battery backup, but like I said earlier I dont know anything about relays.

Sponsored Links
I would use the back up version for the simle reason if there is no power there is nothing to energise the relay.
Some smokes when power is dropped, the relay remains closed. So in a failure the detection is removed.

For the extra few quid its really worth it.

I have just installed the Aico Ei128RBU relay & wired it to the alarm system, the smoke alarm system now sets of the intruder alarm system as planned.

But I am having a few problems with the speech dialer (when I say speech dialer it is actually the speech & text dialer, but I am only using it as a speech at the moment).

I cant seem to get the dialer working for the fire alarm input 1
when the smoke alarm triggers I get a the intruder alarm message from input 3,
if I press 4 & 6 on the keypad to trigger a fire alarm I get no call from the dialer
input 2 "Personal attack" is working fine, if I program the zone I have used for the smoke sensors to PA Audible I get the the input 2 PA message, its the input 1 Fire thats just doesn't seem to be working.
Can anyone offer any help?

Might be getting somewhere,
In the Digi outputs & Digi Channels I have set no1 to "69-Fire Sounder" instead of the default "11-Fire Alarm" now if I press 4 & 6 on the keypad to activate the fire alarm I get the message "1 fire alarm" all good so far
But when I set the fire alarm by the smoke sensors I get the "1 Fire" message then when I hang up I get a second call "3 Intruder alarm"

Was I right in changing both the Digi Outputs & Digi Channels?
With the relay should that be set to pulse or continuous?
How to I program it so I just get the fire message without the Intruder message?

hi check area options 21 unarmed fire comms. if this is set you wont get a fire ouput if the panel is unset.

I think this is why I didn't get the fire message earlier,
So I have left the "20 Unarmed Fire Coms" set, and changed the Digi Outputs & Digi Channels back to the default "11-Fire Alarm"
which I think this is the right setup.

But I still get the two phone calls, unless I activate the fire alarm through the keypad,
Somehow I think the system is registering an intruder alarm as well as the fire when triggered through the smoke sensors.

what output type are you using for alarm ? where are you connected ?

Sorry Not 100% what you mean?
If I understand the question right, the Aico relay unit is set to normally closed & the zone is programed to normally closed, the connections are to a zone in a expander say the first & last connection if you get what I mean.
The alarm seems to work fine is just the second alarm phone call thats the problem.

no outputs from panel to text/speech dialer eg digi outputs 1=fire 3= alarm what do you have connected ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back