One for Chris Frost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do you know where I can get (or are you able to sell) standard Belling-Lee type aerial plugs, but compression fit? I only need 10 or so, and the only place I can find them on the whole internet is a non-functional shop in New Zealand!

The nearest I got was crimp-on plugs which ended up squashed to bu**ery when I tried to compress them (severe mental block that day!!!)

The alternative would be for me to compress an F-connector then use an adaptor, but I like the idea of having a neat compression connector if possible.

Sponsored Links
My wholesaler does them. But being a wholesaler means they only deal in volume. The minimum order is 50 off.

The wholesale price is £2.60 ea + VAT for males and £2.80 ea + VAT for females. Then there's £6.95 + VAT P&P for orders under £200 ex.

You'll also need the compression tool to fit them and depending how good you are with a knife possibly the cutter which strips the various layers of the coax to the correct depth and length.

I've got some of the gold plated RF compression connectors in both male and female if you still want to pursue this. Let me know your thoughts.

I was just looking at the RS web site. Their prices for F, RCA and BNC compression connectors are astronomical too. All of a suden the Belling plugs don't look bad value at all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back