DIYnot
Local | Network
   DIYnot > Forums
Local | Network
DIYnot Network Local DIYnot Network Local  
  Forum IndexForum Index     RulesRules    HelpHelp     Join FREERegister Free     About CookiesCookies     SearchSearch     LoginLogin 

Bosch Exxcel condenser tumble dryer

Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
maxhammond

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:14 am Reply with quote

Hi, Iíve got a problem with my dryer, the machine starts then shortly afterwards alarms and says the water tank needs emptying. The tank is bone dry. I replace the tank and STOP/START the machine and it runs again until it alarms. The drum gets hot and turns, and the air is flowing round the unit.

I removed the air cooler and washed it out. I noticed when it was out there was considerable quantity of water in the device in a sort of reservoir at the back. I removed this water and ran the machine again and it ran for much longer , but nothing appeared in the water tank. My suspicion itís just filling up at the bottom of the device again.

I removed the top off the device and checked to see if the pipe that drains the water into the tank was blocked by blowing down it but air flowed easily and I could hear bubbles at the base of the unit. I also sucked on the pipe and water came up the pipe so it canít be blocked.

Is there a discharge pump in the machine that drives the water from the base reservoir to the tank at the top? Could this have failed and be causing the problem? I took the sides off and tracked the pipe back to what could be a pump behind the main drive motor. Looks a pig to get to and part of the sealed reservoir in the base, which would make sense.

Any ideas what is causing my problem and is it easy to fix? What causes the alarm when the tank is dry , there arnít any sensors obvious in the tank.

Thanks
 Alert Moderators

If you do not want to see this advert, click here to login or if you are new click here to join free.
Leccy758

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:31 pm Reply with quote

Posting the model and FD number help us to help you otherwise it will be all generic stuff.

If you have a water tank at the top then there will be a pump in the base usually at the right hand side on Bosch condensor dryers. This pump can get blocked or fail and the pipe work from it (there is usually two from the area a supply pipe and an overflow return) can get blocked.

There is a float chamber by the pump that will shut off the heater when it senses the float chamber is full and it then indicates you need to empty the water out.
 Alert Moderators
maxhammond

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:05 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, Hi, the model is a Maxx Freedom Performance the serial number is WTL6304GB/01.

Any further detail / info is very welcome

Any idea how to get it out would be very handy, will I have to remove the motor and spindle to get access? its very tight in that area.

Thanks
 Alert Moderators
Leccy758

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:15 pm Reply with quote

Not familiar hands on with that model.

You will find it easier to remove the belt tensioner to enable you to access the pump area. You do not need to remove the belt or motor though on most of these.

The pump and float can be a bit awkward to get out but it can be done, sorry I cant explain the exact way I do it as I tend to fiddle around until I get them out. The pump impeller gets clogged as do the pipes from it and the float chamber with a sludgy gunge that needs to be cleaned out.

If you wish to just test the pump you can put a seperate 240V supply to it and see if it works.
The following user says thank you to Leccy758 for this useful post:
maxhammond (31 May 2011)
 Alert Moderators
maxhammond

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:10 pm Reply with quote

Cool, I'll give it a go tonight. Thanks for your help.
 Alert Moderators
zipper

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:06 pm Reply with quote

Here are a set of constructional drawings for your machine http://www.bosch-eshop.com/eshop/bosch/gb/prodp.htm?prod=WTL6304GB%2f01&ESHOPTYPE=A The info you need is on page 5. Take the lid & right hand side panel to get to the pump. Give the pump & pump cavity a good clean. This is a very common problem on Bosch/Siemens dryers.
The following user says thank you to zipper for this useful post:
maxhammond (1 Jun 2011)
 Alert Moderators
maxhammond

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:30 am Reply with quote

Thnaks Leccy 758 and Zipper, tried what you sugested last night and I'm back in the game!
 Alert Moderators
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Appliances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: