Replacing Pull Switches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently replaced the pull switches in the toilet and in the adjacent bathroom. Before replacement each switch turned on the light and the extractor fan. It is the same extractor fan for the toilet and the bathroom. I bought 2 new 2 way pull switches (they might have been the wrong switches). From the ceiling rose in the toilet and the bathroom I have 3 wires, Red,Yellow & Blue.In the new switched I have 3 positions, Com, L1 & L2. I do not know how to wire the new switches. The best I have achieved to-date is Red - Com, Yellow & Blue - L2. But this does not work properly because when I turn the Toilet light ON the toilet light and the Bathroom light both come on, along with the Extractor fan. It is the samewith the bathroom switch but this time the toilet light comes ON. I would appreciate some help.

Sponsored Links
Can't be sure from description what wires you actually have at each pull switch.

Tell us how many cables at each switch you have. Describe what wires and their colours emerge from each cable.

Sponsored Links
check how many terminals you have at each switch, old and new, your old switches if they have four terminals might be double pole switches, if your new switches have three terminals, they mght be two way switches.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back