Water pump connected to all bathroom/kitchen devices

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a big problem with water pressure which needs to be sorted asap as I'm currently relying on my gym for a hot shower. I purchased this flat one week ago and sadly I found out that it has a gravity fed hot water system and being on the top floor my pressure is almost a joke.

The shower pump is currently broken and I was given 3 options:

1. replace the shower pump and accept the fact that my kitchen sink and my bathroom basin as well as the bath taps and toilet will always be a frustration with an extra poor flow of water

2. connect all the pipes from kitchen and bathroom to the shower pump BUT the pump could be noisy as it will be activated any time and could break down more frequently

3. install a megaflow system BUT at the moment I don't have enough pressure from the mains and both ThamesWater and the maintainance company claim they have no responsibility.

Do you think that option 2 is feasible? Are the new pumps, even the expensive ones, very noisy? And would the system effectively work if everything in the house gets connected to a pump?

Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
What size of cistern do you have that feeds your hot water cylinder (which I'm sure you have).

If the cistern is too small a long shower may drain it completely.

What water pressure and flow rate is available?
Is the currently installed brassware suitable for the available pressure?

A lot of imported brassware is only suitable for water pressures above 1 Bar, but there are low pressure taps and shower mixers available that will deliver adequate flow rates at much lower water pressures, avoiding the need for a pump.

Okay, the showers won't pin you to the wall with a jet like a fire hose, but they can still deliver enough water to get you very wet very quickly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back