Halstead Ace High-no lights on boiler,leaking diverter valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, would appreciate some help please :)

A couple of days ago I found that I had no hot water, and that my Halstead Ace High had no lights on. I tried both resets (the one on the dial and the overheat reset), checking the fuse on the plug and on the PCB, and have also checked that there is 240V going to pins 1 and 2 on X1 on the PCB.

So theres power going to the PCB but no lights/heating.

Prior to this Id had a small leak of water which I'd been meaning to sort out, but just before the no power issue - my flatmates said that the boiler had started leaking a lot more water. When I opened it up, I found that the DHW microswitch was rusty and the water had been coming from there.

My theory is that the water has affected the electricals, but not sure how as the PCB is far away from the leak/base of the boiler.

If I'm right in what I'm thinking, then I would need to change the PCB (refurbished one costing £60) and change the diverter valve (£60) or atleast service it. Is that right?

If I can't sort it myself I'm thinking of going with British Gas because of their parts inclusive prices, but am worried that this sort of repair would take over two hours - taking me to the £450 price mark... :eek:

Any ideas would be really appreciated,
thanks,
Nicole

Sponsored Links
hi thanks for the reply,

to check for power to the outlets of the PCB, would I look at the pins leading to components like the pump etc.

Ill have a look once I'm back from class.

If I'm right would it be best to go to with British Gas for my repair?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back