PIR Recomendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right I have got pretty much everything sorted for my new alarm system, going for the Texecom 48.

Now looking at PIR's there is so much choice, anyone got any recommendations, they need to look smart, as the house will have a modern feel to the décor.

The Texecom Prestige Compact IR Grade 2 looks nice.

I have no pets.

Cheers,
EWill

Sponsored Links
I was recommended those and have subsequently bought them for my new Texecom 24 system. For the garage I did buy the Texecom Dual Tech though as it will reduce the amount of false triggers with temperature differences.

Can't really say how good they are as I'm still setting it up in between doing the house up but they supposed to be ok - Quite small too so not obtrusive.

I was weary at first as I thought the dearer the better, but was advised these are decent enough for my needs.

Hopefully someone else can advise on their operation.

Cool Cheers,

Yeah these seem pretty good for the money too.

Mine will not be installed until end of the month, so would be interested to hear results if you make it before me.

Cheers,
Will

Unfortunately (for you) I prob wont have mine all sorted by then - I'm having to re plaster all the walls first before I get these up and running.

I might try just partially set it up (just not sure how I do this yet, but might have a butchers in the manual).

If I could just get a couple working whilst doing the rest of the work, at least the house is more protected, but will have to see if its hard to re initialse them afterwards (all wiring is in you see.).

Good luck, all should be good but will reply if I get in first. :)

Sponsored Links
Have a look at the Texecom Prestige Quad. It's a couple of quid more.

Its a bit more immune to false alarming. I have had one for about 4 years now and had no problems.

Have a look at the Texecom Prestige Quad. It's a couple of quid more.

Its a bit more immune to false alarming. I have had one for about 4 years now and had no problems.

Cool,

You mean
Texecom Prestige Compact QD Quad Pyro Element PIR Grade 2

Cheers
Will

If you can easily get the compact version. Not alot of shops online selling it. The Prestige Quad looks fine, considering some pir's can look a bit ugly. But you might think the compact version looks better.

Maybe see if you can find somewhere local selling them and compare the two.

stick with the QD

we have absolutley hundreds of them out on sites and they are an A1 detector.

we have had NO false alarms off of ANY of these units at all !!

Oasis

PS our office has 9 of them with no probs either!!
and they are fitted to my house as well!!

stick with the QD

we have absolutley hundreds of them out on sites and they are an A1 detector.

we have had NO false alarms off of ANY of these units at all !!

Oasis

PS our office has 9 of them with no probs either!!
and they are fitted to my house as well!!

Thank you :)

Well I ended up ordering 10 of the Quad Compact PIR's

We will see how they go.

Thanks all for the advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back