Disconnecting Veritas R8 Keypad & Interior Bell: pls hel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm a newbie and I'd really welcome some help.

I'm trying to disconnect my Veritas R8 keypad and interior bell so that I can have some walls skimmed/decorated. I'm ok disconnecting the sensors (and I don't seem to need the Engineer code to silence the bell when I open the covers, which I guess is good?) but I'm stuck when it comes to removing the keypad and the bell.

I've tried just staring at them for a few hours and hoping for the best, but that hasn't worked :D can anyone tell me how I go about temporarily taking them off the walls so I can decorate?

Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for tips.

Joanne

Sponsored Links
Pen, paper write down the colours and where they go. Label the cable Keypad or bell.
Take a photo too.

If nothing sounds when you take off the cover its not good.

Thanks for the post. However I'm struggling to even get as far as taking the covers off. I can see one small screw on the bottom of the interior bell, so I presume loosening that will free the cover and allow me access inside/behind, but I can't fathom out how to get access to the inside/back of the keypad.

Any thoughts?

Remove the screw from the sounder lift off from that point.

Keypad; Should be two "tabs" on top, back edge, push down with a small driver and gently pull away front half of keypad.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back