bosch aquatec dishwasher not filling up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
our dishwasher will not fill up with cold water.
display and controls light up, respond when touched but water will not go in .
the outlet hose, 3mts long is not blocked but the machine has not accepted water in 5/6 washes
any ideas please

Sponsored Links
Post the E-number on the door lip, Bosch Aquatec doesn't say much. Why does the machine have a 3 metre drain hose, have you changed it?
The first thing a dishwasher does is pump out, if it doesn't pump out properly it won't fill. A lot of the time it is something easy like clogged filters, blocked or defective pump, blocked sink spigot, blocked drain hose, or a clogged matrix/transfer hose. But it can be caused by other things....tap closed, blocked inline filters, kinked fill hose, defective aquastop, defective wiring, or a damaged pcb. Its a case of elimination. A good start would be to post the full model details.

ok zipper, when i go back ill get the number.
the inlet is not kinked or the isolation valve turned to off but did not remove it from machine to test it.
the machine was fitted by a,n,other and its position in the kitchen is 2.8 mts from the drain
talking to a lad on site who used to repair appliances today ( he hated dishwashers) he said the pump was not emptying the old water first, as per your advice and checking the basics for blockages in the outlet pipe and if possible the pump would be a start
cheers for the info, im back there sunday so ill reply after that

Most Bosch Dishwashers have a small cover over the drain pump it requires a T20 Torx bit but sometimes you can get a flat blade driver into it, once removed you can see the impellor on the pump. Usually you find glass or food stopping the impellor moving around

Sponsored Links
Post the E-number on the door lip, Bosch Aquatec doesn't say much. Why does the machine have a 3 metre drain hose, have you changed it?
The first thing a dishwasher does is pump out, if it doesn't pump out properly it won't fill. A lot of the time it is something easy like clogged filters, blocked or defective pump, blocked sink spigot, blocked drain hose, or a clogged matrix/transfer hose. But it can be caused by other things....tap closed, blocked inline filters, kinked fill hose, defective aquastop, defective wiring, or a damaged pcb. Its a case of elimination. A good start would be to post the full model details.
Hi zipper, I have followed a previous answer to this problem & have checked the aquastop works. It mentions jug impellor ? problem or a clogged up pressure chamber & transfer pipe as next step to check. Can you tell me how to do this please ? my model type is SGS 4012gb/12 thanks.

If you have checked for a blocked filter, jammed pump impellor, or clogged sink spigot then taking a peek at the matrix/pressure chamber & transfer hose is the logical way to proceed. If you type "matrix" or "transfer hose" in the search facility you will find many posts describing the issue & how to deal with it. It is a very common problem. You will find the matrix/pressure chamber on the LH side (side panel needs to come off). The transfer hose runs from the sump to the matrix & the best way to access it is to remove the front panel under the door (more room to work with the outer door off). Alternatively buy a bottle brush & clean out the transfer hose by poking the brush through the sump inlet.

If you hear a constant hum from the pump, it could be that water has collected in the bottom of the chassis. I think there's a safety mechanism that activates the pump in that case. Try tilting the dishwasher forward (careful - door may open!) and see if any water drips out - have a mop or towel ready. If it does, chances are that there is a leak somewhere that needs fixing. However, depending on the severity of the leak, you may able to put the dishwasher back and it may work for another little while longer.

I had a problem with my Bosch dishwasher where it would not fill. It turned out to be to do with a plastic water reservoir/matrix located behind the left external side panel. This unit had become gunked up as well as the mechanism to detect water in the chassis. I took it out and cleaned it all up. It is working fine now. Perhaps something similar has happened to yours.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back