Mini C28 Lighting then shutting off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Mini C28 boiller which lights but fires for about 5 secnds then switches off. During the 5 seconds you can hear the spark still sparking like the gas hasn't been lit.

This started happening since i had a new fuse box replaced - any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like u may need to get your sparks back , to check the polarity maybe ?

It could be flame rectification caused by an earth fault you will need an rgi to check, or the electrician that fitted the fuse box to check the earth supply to boiler and at new fuse box.

Thanks guys!

Yeah not sure the spark was that good as my electricak shower isnt working either. He blamed the shower got that reaplced still not working altough the isolation switch lights up.

How can i solve the polarity problem?

The boiler is plugged into the wall socket like any other appliance - Steve why would the earth now be ab issue? If it is how can this be fixed?

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys!

Yeah not sure the spark was that good as my electricak shower isnt working either. He blamed the shower got that reaplced still not working altough the isolation switch lights up.

How can i solve the polarity problem?

The boiler is plugged into the wall socket like any other appliance - Steve why would the earth now be ab issue? If it is how can this be fixed?

All other appliances do not have or use flame rectification , so in most cases (all?) u would not nessarily know ?

The polarity may have been wrong and he corrected it or it was OK and he connected it wrongly!

Whatever the problem it needs someone with an understanding of electrics to sort it out. There could be safety issues at the moment.

Tony

hey guys thanks for the help and advice!

I managed to get a qualified spark via myhammer and he looked over the fuse box and it seems the previous guy f... eh messed it up - e.g. wrong polarity hence shower wasnt working and the boiler stopped working!!!

THANKS AGAIN!!!

Mark

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back