Beginner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the title says I am a newbie to alarms and further to my thread in GD I am looking to kit my house out with a wireless alarm and a few panic buttons.

What is the market leader in reliability and what brands should I consider. Yale alarms look good but I don't know much about them.

Your experience is muchly appreciated

:D

Sponsored Links
As the title says I am a newbie to alarms ~~~ Yale alarms look good but I don't know much about them.

More important is how the equipment works.

Panic buttons... suggests concern about personal safety is part of the equation that will decide what you install.

A wired panic button invariable fails safe with immediate alarm if the button is smashed before the person at risk can operate it.

With most wireless systems the smashed panic button cannot raise the alarm and only when ( or if ) the control panel fails to get a "I am still here " message from the panic button will there be any alarm. That might be a few seconds or it could be several minutes.

My experience is that for connecting fixed sensors to a fixed conrol panel the effort to install wiring is well worth it for peace of mind, rapid and reliable operation and no ongoing costs and inconvenience of routing battery replacement.

I agree with bernardgreen, wired is better and it will challenge you more than wireless where nearly everything is done for you!
I am no engineer, but i wired a texecom veritas 8c!

Wired, you could go for a texecom veritas 8c(like mine) or a veritas R8.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back