Electric Underfloor heating and flooding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it OK to install underfloor matting under possibly tiles in an area which is at risk of flooding? Obviously so long as the control part is kept high enough cant see it being a problem?!

Sponsored Links
I fitted it in a wet room. But used a mat with a braided earth around the conductors.

However it was a failure and I would not bother again. It's slow to react so needs to go on well in advance, it cools quickly while having a shower so does not dry the floor as intended, it is only just cool enough to walk on yet it will not heat the room enough without the assistance of the towel rail. The thermostat has failed three times and now no one has bothered repairing it because it is so useless anyway.

So you wouldnt reccomend electric underfloor at all? Anyone else recomend it? Or is that a general feeling of the stuff as I have never had dealings with it before?

Sponsored Links
If you read back though this forum you'll find endless questions along the lines of: "My electric underfloor heating has stopped working after 6 months. How can I fix this without having to take up the very expensive tiles on top of it?"

Allowing the warmth from the floor to dry the water can end up with you having to scrub the floor hard to remove "baked" on limescale and soap etc etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back