Handle not rising means door won't lock.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could use some advice here - the door handle goes up about three quarters of the amount it should before stopping. The two "claws" at the top and bottom of the door come out as they should but it seems to be the rectangular shaped lock just below the latch that is sticking.

Sorry for the awful explanation but hopefully you guys can understand what I mean. I'd like to know if there's an easy solution before I take the whole thing to bits :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Multi point locking? PVC? door may need adjusting at hinges to allow locking , a few mm out will cause lock to bind.

Is this with the door open or closed?
. Both. The door is wooden but with the same type of locking mechanism that you get on modern PVC doors with two hook/claw type locks top and bottom which engage when the handle is lifted up and another normal lock under the catch.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the help guys. Will break out the scewdriver this afternoon and have a look.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back