TV/Sky in 3 rooms

V1k

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm setting up co-ax cables in the cupboard under the stairs in my house so that I can use a co-ax switch to basically send that signal to 1 of 3 rooms.

I want this system to work with sky as well but understand that I will need to boost the signal as it goes into the cupboard.

've read something about a masthead amp - what's the difference between this and something like the following:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/4-room-sky-distribution-kit-223487

Also what are the better models of amps to buy on a budget?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
With this set up you will have to watch the same channel on all the tv's {magic eye} is that what your after ?
As long as the ppl in the other room dont mind you switching channels then its fine .

There's only me in the hosue and so I'm fine with that, but just want to make sure that the signal is good enough as the longest co-ax is almost 25 meters long - Just want to make sure that the TV connected to that cable has a good signal reaching it?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back