3/4" BSP Connector Wont stop leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Hope you can help! I've just been completing an on-suite bathroom re-fit. The bath fills from some deck mounted valves. The 22mm pipe connects via a compresion fitting to 3/4" BSP connector. I just cant get the BSP connector to seal properly (Just the BSP thread, compresion is A OK)? My latest attempt was with a good ten turns of PTFE tape AND a good dose of Fernox LS-X compound on the threads but the joints are still leaking if only by a 'tiny' ammount.
We have a whole house pump delivering 2.4 bar but at that end of the house its no doubt lower as its a good 15m away from the pump.

Can anyone suggest a solution? I'm doing my nut! :(

Thanks in advance.

Rob

please note 5 your title has been edited

Sponsored Links
Erm nope :oops: ?
Should I have? The thread end did'nt really have a flat surface that would indicate the need for a washer?

Rob

It's not so much having a flat end on the fitting it's more to do with having a tapered or parallel thread, parallel threads need a washer & loads of PTFE.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Keego. Really appreciate your help.
/me is now feeling a bit of a divy ! :oops:

Do I just need bog standard 3/4" fibre washers? (Not the flexible tap connector type?)

Rob

maybe you just put too much ptfe tape on, two wraps nice and tight.

have i started a ptfe

war

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Dunno about a war but this newbie is as confused as hell :)

Rob

you want the tape to seat in the threads. bung loads on and it just scrunches up to the end. doing sweet all.

as for washer... i always think..imagine i aint got a washer, got to get round it, reach for the tape.

:eek:

If your really struggling to make the joint, you can get a hemp substitute for use on wholesome water supplies. Use it with joint compound.

why not use a flexi :?: :?: :?:
p1065675_l.jpg

Good ain't I, :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: the poster obviously knows an advanced plumber when he sees one :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back