17th edition exam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi! i need to pass my 17th edition exam at 25/06/11. i need some advice how to passed,because i haven't time.please ,can you help me? thanks!

Sponsored Links
hi! i need to pass my 17th edition exam at 25/06/11. i need some advice how to passed,because i haven't time.please ,can you help me? thanks!

Simples- read book, digest contents, do exam.

Seriously- if you haven't got time, why in the hell do you think posting on a forum will help you pass?

It's not a hard exam, referencing of the 17th bible is allowed and the easiest way to pass is to read it a few times, do some on line practice exams and learn.

If you haven't got time, cancel the exam and when you have got time take it.

how to mark the most important things in the book? its any system for this? can someone help me,please.thanks!

Sponsored Links
It's all very, very simple.
  1. Your performance in the exam will be judged on the number of questions you get right, not on any external drivers which make it important for you to pass it.
  2. You have 16 days left to study for the exam.
  3. If the amount of studying you can get done in those 16 days is not enough for you to learn enough to pass, then you will fail, no matter how much you need to pass.

how to mark the most important things in the book?
Pointless, since although you are allowed to use the book during the exam, you can't have any markings, highlights or index tabs added to it.

Flameport is right. C&G used to let you mark up your own book and take it into the exam. When I did mine the place whee i did the exam insisted on providing "clean" copies of BS7671.

But hey, it isn't hard. Get the know the structure of the BRB. Go through a lot of sample papers (there's lots on the net) and you'll find there are a lot of questions and areas that come up time after time. Practise, practise.

This is one of the few exams where you are asked a question and you are allowed to look in a book with all the answers in. How hard can it be?

On the day of the exam, make sure you spell your name correctly and you can't go wrong.

how to mark the most important things in the book?
Pointless, since although you are allowed to use the book during the exam, you can't have any markings, highlights or index tabs added to it.

Flameport is right. C&G used to let you mark up your own book and take it into the exam. When I did mine the place whee i did the exam insisted on providing "clean" copies of BS7671.

Flameport is wrong, actually.

In March 2008 C & G released a memorandum stating that annotations, highlights and tabs were all acceptable for this examination.

If the centre takes it upon itself to impose rules not endorsed by C & G they may be in breach of their terms and conditions.

Thank you Ding.
Bracknell & Wokingham College certainly imposed a clean copy regime. That was in October 2009.

If you can not find time to study for an exam that you know is just around the corner, forget it mate.
There are lots of threads on here about this exam, one quite recent with lots of good advice.
We can only offer you that, the rest is up to you, you need to put some hard study time in. or leave it!

Thank you Ding.
Bracknell & Wokingham College certainly imposed a clean copy regime. That was in October 2009.
I guess the plan should be (for anyone who wants to annotate his book) is to get written confirmation of the C&G policy and take it with them to the exam.

I believe the moral here is study, learn and prepare. Not ask a random question on a forum expecting a magic wand to appear.
Personally never passed anything without preperation, then again always prepared.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back