wrong positioning of sink and loo -

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

As if putting in a new bathroom wasn't stressful enough, having put the sink in, next to it the loo and next to that the shower bath , and now having fixed a curved two panel sliding screen end furthest from sink and loo have found that it is a bit awkward to get in and out of the bath because the of the loo (bwp). Didn't realise it would be so awkward till the shower screen went up today. The tiling has just been finished every where including above the sink and loo units.

Is it possible do you think to swap loo and sink over, without ruining the tiling? It will mean taking off the work top, getting a new work top as sink is semi recessed and will have to be cut again, swapping carcasses for vanity and cistern unit and sorting out pipework. Or am i stuffed? :(

Am beating myself up about this. :oops:

Sponsored Links
To be honest it sounds a little cramped, any chance of some pictures?

Wotan

Sponsored Links
To be honest it sounds a little cramped, any chance of some pictures?

Wotan

//www.diynot.com/network/Arps/albums/

been thinking about it all this time and because of the radiator, switching sink and loo round might be an issue. radiator is new and pipework has been done and tiled over. so may have to see if i can just swap the loo for less deeper one.

oh well, try to make the best of it. Any other suggestions or ideas for space saving back to wall pans welcome!

Would a folding shower screen help (sorry I can't see the pictures)? I've got a 4 section one that folds up quite small and flush to the wall so that I can get out of the tap end of the bath.

Would a folding shower screen help (sorry I can't see the pictures)? I've got a 4 section one that folds up quite small and flush to the wall so that I can get out of the tap end of the bath.

That would be an answer, but to update - have swapped loo and sink round, so have the space. Need to get a narrow width radiator now. Like a Chinese puzzle this bathroom!

And final bit will be rehanging door to open other and moving pull cord...

Getting there... :rolleyes:

It could have been worse.

Others have found that they couldn't shut the door after installing the sink.

:LOL:

It could have been worse.

Others have found that they couldn't shut the door after installing the sink.

:LOL:

:eek:
Yes it could have been a lot worse, so thankful for that at least. Getting there bit by bit.
You live and learn. And hopefully what I've learned I'll be able to pass on to my dad when he gets his bathroom done! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back