wc fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a wc with the waste going straight down into the floor..I am remodeling the shower room so I need to remove the wc and replace..but I cannot see how the unit connects to the waste underneath. The rear of the wc is solid and therefore I am assuming that the unit push fits onto a waste that is protruding a certain amount from the floor and that by gentley twisting, I will be able to remove the wc bowl...am I correct or am I missing something?? :(

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
fink he wants to know how to remove it

not fit it
specc in greece :oops: :oops: :oops:

Most regs are double Dutch, so once you know how to fit it you will know how to get it apart :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Sponsored Links
greekman - as it isn't obvious(presumably!) you'll probably have to break the pan with a hammer cos its cemented in.
Not without risk of breaking the pipe which is in the ground, or filling it with bits of pan.

Noo loo will be a pushfit connection of some sort

break it well high stuff a bag down
and WEAR GLOVES the broken edges are like razor blades

ask me nicely and i'll post a pic of what broken china does to flesh :cry:

YES PLEASE Kev

1119998227_WC.jpg

brumylad said:
YES PLEASE Kev

how long did it take to heal, kev??

I wouldn't start by smashing the outlet. Would use a small grinder around the pipe and then break it off. Then you can push a rubble back down the hole to stop other debris falling down never to be seen again.

I tried using expanding foam to plug the hole before putting a layer of cement on. For some reason the foam went all gooey rather than going solid :cry:

P6290087_edited.jpg

as promised brum not the best of pics but you can see the scar

moral dont try and carry a cracked pot

that went through my jeans as well :cry: :cry: :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back