Sonos - In Ceiling Speaker connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I assume that it is a basic question if your in the know but i want to get it right before i finish my ceiling off.

In my kitchen i want to put a Sonos in a cupboard, then attach it to some speakers that will be sat in the ceiling.

I need to route the cable in my ceiling fairly soon as the plasterboard will soon be covering it.

Two ceiling speakers - Monitor Audio C265; on the website it stipulates a "Gold plated ‘push’ type terminal connection"

Cable - Cambridge Audio SYMPHONY 400; bought some off the net, quite surprised when it turned up, how thick the cable was. I am assuming that the cable is as shown, a strand is the an individual copper wire.

View media item 34928
Sonos - going to use a ZonePlayer 120, as another unit will be attached to my cinema system internet connection
View media item 34929
1. Do I need to have two strands of cable attaching one speaker to the Sonos and then another two strands connecting the other speaker back to the Sonos? The back of the Sonos would only have four connections to two speakers plus power.

2.Or can the two strands be separated (down the middle) and only one strand per speaker? The back of the Sonos would only have two connections to two speakers plus power.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Also note that your two strands of speaker cable have a marking on one of the strands insulation. This is so you can join +ve of your Sonos to the positive of your speaker so that both speakers are in phase.

The marking could be a printed marking, or a ridge on the outside of one strand.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back