Combi Boiler - Flue/Fan fault warning light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my Baxi combi boiler 105 HE

has recently given intermitant hot water and this seems to be based on the flue/fan warning light coming on.
If I turn the boiler off and leave it a short while, the hot water comes back.

The boiler was serviced last october.

Please advise
Thanks

Sponsored Links
The fault is more likely to be the air pressure switch than the pcb .
As its inside the boiler then it needs a qualified guy. Part is less than 20 quid and is max half hour repair

Whatever the actual fault is likely to be ( two different guesses above ) it needs to be correctly diagnosed first. That takes some people a while and often 30 min just to diagnose. Changing the part is easy and is the easy aspect of the repair.

And no, I dont know what the fault is and I only diagnose at the boiler and dont make guesses or fit parts which are not required!

Tony

Sponsored Links
You dont half talk sh#te . You have given thousands of diagnosis out on this forum without being in front of the boiler , so that is what is called an educated guess

You dont half talk sh#te . You have given thousands of diagnosis out on this forum without being in front of the boiler , so that is what is called an educated guess

Some faults have a single and obvious cause.

This one can be gas supply, fan, flue, APS, ignition/sensing lead or electrodes, pcb etc..

Only a fool would say its more likely to be just one of those. Unless you specifically only repair that model all day long and take statistics of each cause then you could say its 14% likely to be the gas supply etc. Even then it would be distorted by the property owner and the service organisation or lack of one.

Tony

No it cant be gas supply /ignition leads electrodes as that would show up a completly different fault light.
I take the educated guess comment back

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back