Problem with kitchen mixer tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a mixer tap in my kitchen. 'Tapmate Alphadisc' is make and model.

The cold water tap (kind that screws ie rotates) is sticking. Sometimes it is not possible to open the tap. So need to rock the tap back and forwards before opening (if you see what I mean).

There is a plastic cover on the tap which if removed exposed a screw and this allows the knob to be removed, exposing the tap itself at the base of which is a big nut.

Hope that I explained this clearly.

I did try to unscrew the nut and remove the tap but it just won't budge. Even if I loosen the nut and remove the tap itself would this be of any use or should the whole mixer now be changed.

Any info much appreciated.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Useally just get away with cleaning the tap insert with wd abit of silicone grease and re-fit.

I think the Alphadisc mixer has quarter turn taps doesn't it ?
if so then it'll more likely need a new cartridge.

This is a alphadisc repair kit.

you'd need to take one out and see what it looks like.

alphadiscrepairkit_212-tm20t.jpg

Sponsored Links
Many thanks again for your reply seco services.

Apologies for being obtuse but are you saying that the tap itself cannot be repaired (by way of cleaning or other) and that the only way forwards would the replacement kit to which you refer.

I will have a stab at removing the tap over the weekend as the nut holding it on is extremely tight.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back