Yale alarm questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the OP A transistor radio left in a bathroom will work for maybe several months or years. ( unless it is one specifically designed to work in high humidity areas when it should work for many years ) Then one day it won't work as well as it used to do, The same applies to all electronic equipment. You might only find that it has succumbed to dampness when it is really needed.

The transistor radio is used often and its failure will be noted.
But hey, it's not a problem Bernard, some chancer from Harrogate with no qualifications says it's ok, so it must be. :evil:

Sponsored Links
OK still all this ridiculous bickering is still going on. Anyway I have taken away the useful facts and I am thinking of getting the window contact and sealing the holes with silicone. Then I will wrap the whole unit in cling film and then affix it to the window frame. Thereby condensation cannot enter the contact. Am I right in thinking this will work?

P.S It will be set to entry mode so the system will chime when the window is opened after a shower so in effect it is being tested daily anyway.

Set it to chime and burglar .

You`ll find it should go off then if attacked rather than start an entry timer.

Sponsored Links
It will be in part and alarm when set.
When unset it will chime.
All in the book.

I`m sure Y3 will agree as it is the only sensible way to programme the wraped up contact.

OK cheers that's good then.

I take it that my silicone sealant cling film wrapped window contact should work in my bathroom? Or is this more of an experiment ?

Set it to chime and burglar .

You`ll find it should go off then if attacked rather than start an entry timer.

That is better but I am not sure how I can set that ?

Don't listen to all these guys and their scaremongering. They do not even know how a yale alarm works.

If you have a 6400 alarm system then your sensors operation is constantly being monitored.
If the batteries in your bathroom window sensor get low or if the sensor stops working you will know because your control panel will light an orange warning light and the panel will beep every thirty seconds and record a message in the systems fault log.

you don't have to keep checking the sensor your system does it for you and lets you know if there is a problem.

Its not actually that easy to waterproof a sensor,
Even if you make it externally waterproof this will not stop condensation forming on the inside.
But as mentioned by myself and even Bernard a battery driven wireless solid state device can last for years as has been my experience.

It will be in part and alarm when set.
When unset it will chime.
All in the book.

I`m sure Y3 will agree as it is the only sensible way to programme the wraped up contact.

In fact the chime only works as follows.

The chime option only works with devices set to entry mode.
You cannot have a chime working with devices set as burglar.
so to get a chime working with a bathroom window you would have to make it an entry device.

I would not do this. Firstly as previous post you don't need to set the device to chime to test its operation as the system continually checks the sensors anyway. Secondly If I was putting a sensor on a window with access from outside I would make it an instantly activated sensor ie burglar.

Don't listen to all these guys and their scaremongering. They do not even know how a yale alarm works.

How come I just stoped a basic programming error then?

Your the person that thinks this is infallible.
If he wants the window then what is wrong with that?
I have the back room PIR on chime when I leave the door open on hot days.
Or the front when i`m in the garden and the windows are open.

Thats the whole point of chime on a domestic.
Your showing your lacking again.

OK still all this ridiculous bickering is still going on.
Unfortunately bickering happens when the equipment has a technical content that the promoter is unfamiliar with

sealing the holes with silicone. Then I will wrap the whole unit in cling film
Some silicone sealants give of acetic acid when curing. This can play havoc with electronic equipment if not allowed to escape. Depending on the design of the unit's aerial it is possible that layers of cling film or other water proofing film might slightly reduce the efficiency of the transmitter.

PS
Door Chime, your correct.
I took it the yale was as good as you say. You cannot put it on chime unless its on entry.
Pile of crap.

Alarm You got it wrong you cannot have a sensor on both chime and burglar - read the manual again.

Look its hardly the envy of the world knowing a lot about yale alarms - you know lots about galaxy panels I know nothing but I would not pretend I did. You have read a yale manual and think you know all about yale alarms now but you don't because you haven't read it properly and you haven't done the legwork installing them

I have done read up.
The thing is ****tier than I thought.

And putting another entry point on just to get chime when it isnt on the enrty route is what I mean about sh*tty.
Putting it on entry would be wrong full stop, so what a limited panel.

So pull your neck out of your backside and admit it.

I have done read up.
The thing is ****tier than I thought.

And putting another entry point on just to get chime when it isnt on the enrty route is what I mean about sh*tty.
Putting it on entry would be wrong full stop, so what a limited panel.

So pull your neck out of your backside and admit it.

Ah now we come out again all true colours.

When chunky has fitted his yale alarm he will have 100% more experience and knowledge about them than you do so why don't you just stop trolling these threads.

As for the system being ****ty and a pile of crap?

Why?

If your entry door is set to chime then thats perfectly adequate.
If someone tries to sneak in your front door then you will hear them come in.
As for chimes on windows - why?

You know the score don't you?

If you are sat in your front garden and you don't want people sneaking in your back windows - simples - close them shut and lock them if they have locks. Why leave them open to intruders in the offchance you might hear the panel under the stairs chime from halfway accross your lawn asleep on your deckchair with your cider in your hand.
I thought you knew about security but it seems you don't practice what you preach.

Nice try Zorro, you know it does not wash.
So your saying lock down all windows in summer yeah. When in residence.

When your in, have correct VENTILLATION locks you can leave them open and have full security and notification.
Yes my panel is hidden the keypads and internals are at BOTH doors. But that concept is totally alien to you isnt it :D So I hear everything and get an alert on the display, and a nice dinky LED outside as well.

I`ll take you up on setting up a Yale anytime and whos works after. No biggie really. You will probably do it a little quicker, but I also dont use velcro and double sided to fit things :p

I have probably forgotten more about security than you have ever known.
Nice try though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back