Which shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I currently have a bath shower/mixer that gives low pressure/water flow from a combi boiler.
I want to install a shower that will give a a lot more pressure/water flow, and was hoping you could tell me what type of shower I should install? The hot water pressure is quite low but the cold water tap pressure is very strong.

Sponsored Links
Not the shower's fault but the combi's. If should be giving something like 10 litres per minute at showering temperature. If not, it's probably scaled/sludged up. What boiler is it and how old?

The combi boiler has been replaced 2 times before and the water pressure has always been the same, the current one is only 2 yrs old. I've been told the the low pressure is because the boiler is in the basement and the shower is located 3 floors up.

What i basically wanted to know was that as the cold water pressure is high would an electric shower give me adequate pressure at shower temperature, and what power rating would you recommend?

I would be looking at a 10.5 KW shower which should give around 5-6 litres of hot water in the summer.
Need 10 mm cable feed though. :D

Sponsored Links
bat21 said:
The combi boiler has been replaced 2 times before and the water pressure has always been the same

Perhaps you should consider an unvented cylinder in the basement as well

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back