Yale alarms are crap because?

Comparing the two instances here.

Says it all really.

A pro system takes a day.

3 Yales in one day.

Who took their time and did a nice job, springs to mind. Tested everything.

Bet I get accused of Trolling the Troll thread specifically posted to be the Yale Trolling thread.

Sponsored Links
Hey 'm not bothered you can lie speculate summise guess libel and slander all you like.

You know what my handover consists of

Would you like to know how many of those systems I have had to return to - ?

none as usual.

Yale the Ronseal of alarms - does what it says on the tin unlike the pro alarm that is sadly still giving problems.

well to be honest if you were anything of an engineer (sorry diy nut0 you would have fixed the system by now.

but as we all know you are not a pro installer and never will be!!

returns in the last month from our systems installed as follows

external siren units; non
internal sire units non
internal speakers non
dual tech sensors C&K one out of box failure (damaged case)
quad PIR`s non
door contacts non
galss break sensors non
inertia sensors non
safe limpets non
keypads non
panels non

galaxy radio products
pir sensors non
door contacts non
smoke detectors non
dual techs non
RF portals non
initia senors non

FIRE
detectors heat one XP95 faulty on install (1st one in 10 years)
detectors optical non
sounders all types non
panels, all types non
call points all types non

emergency lighting non

CCTV
all equipment non

so as you can see over last month we have returned ONE item of equipment to our suppliers for credit.

we do this every month to ensure we comply with stock holding control/maintenance/housekeeping!

how much kit do you return each month?

consider our spend per month on equipment, it will be more in month that you spend in a year!!!

thats why we are THAT good at what we do!!

and we spend our time deciding as to what devices we fit to were to ensure that our systems are fitted correctly and function as they should. our reputation is paramount, our service and back up is always there for our clients, old and new.

so wind you neck in and get back to shoddy diy rubbish fitting!!

Oasis

I really do hope we're not going to get into a 'you show me yours & I'll show you mine' situation. ;)

Sponsored Links
Hey 'm not bothered you can lie speculate summise guess libel and slander all you like.

You know what my handover consists of

Would you like to know how many of those systems I have had to return to - ?

none as usual.

Yale the Ronseal of alarms - does what it says on the tin unlike the pro alarm that is sadly still giving problems.

Do these handovers still consist of telling your clients not to tell the insurance they have one of your Yale systems, like you used to?

Which pro alarms are these :rolleyes:

How doe these 'fail' alarms hook up to the mains, do you have to wire a spur or do they use a plug top?

I'm just gonna answer the original post "Yale Alarms are Crap Because"

THEY ARE

so wind you neck in and get back to shoddy diy rubbish fitting!!

Oasis

ha ha ha ha get you mr prickly :LOL:

sorry but your missing the point of this thread its to slag yale off not me.. :D

I would say yale have got you guys rattled with their simple quick efficient and reliable sytems . . :p

No, what gets our "necks out" is you "making out" they are the best.
Slight difference.

You seem to have a lot to spout about.
You claim stastistics, where are yours?
Time to give all and sundry evidence as to what you claim.
Can we see your false alarm stastics?
Maintainance visits, due, completed and on time.

The trick is we if needed identify an issue, fix it and get the manufacturers involved so it stops. By your admission, you let it carry on!
Your all singing dancing ( supposed) system just goes off and does indeed get ignored, a major reason "bells only" are treated with suspision. As it does not have any safeguards!
A "bloke" fitting 3 or 4 a day has no come backs, just cash in hand and no worries.
We do have a conscience, insurance. And -

PRIDE

Sticking things to walls. Yes you said you stopped that!
Did you?
An inspection would sort that out, random of course.
I pride myself on getting A`s on my inspections, could you say the same?
Oh, no you cannot. Your not registered are you.
Fit ungraded items, yet and yes your website does say "POLICE" approved.
Do you know thats not allowed?
Go ask the local CC, see what he says.

Dare ya.

Interesting drive around Harrogate last week.
Thought i'd do a spot of bellbox watching. I think it is safe to say Oasis that Yale are nowhere near as popular as someone likes to make out.

It's a town full of two bob millionaires - and even they appear to avoid the dreaded yellow peril.

No, what gets our "necks out" is you "making out" they are the best.
Slight difference.

You seem to have a lot to spout about.
You claim stastistics, where are yours?
Time to give all and sundry evidence as to what you claim.

The trick is we if needed identify an issue, fix it and get the manufacturers involved so it stops. By your admission, you let it carry on!
Your all singing dancing ( supposed) system just goes off and does indeed get ignored, a major reason "bells only" are treated with suspision. As it does not have any safeguards!
A "bloke" fitting 3 or 4 a day has no come backs, just cash in hand and no worries.
We do have a conscience, insurance. And -

PRIDE

Sticking things to walls. Yes you said you stopped that!

Fit ungraded items, yet and yes your website does say "POLICE" approved.
Do you know thats not allowed?
Go ask the local CC, see what he says.

Dare ya.

Usual load of lies and cobblers Alarm

Did you not see what I said in a previous post. This is where you say how crap the YALE ALARMS are not a thread to libel me.

and no my website does NOT say police approved so you can stick that kind of crap right back up your ass.

Not sure I want to speak to my CC to be fair he's too busy hanging on to his job for being bent. If you really want to have a dig at someone why pick on me there are many more deserving out there like the cowboys who fitted the graded system to my landlords building thats still giving problems on a weekly basis.

ever stuck anything to a wall ever alarm yet again you dont have the correct facts. The only 'stick on' items in a yale system are the door contacts and magnets. And yes I stopped sticking those on after the first one. But if it makes you feel like a big man to keep on trotting out a lie then.

I have NEVER made out yale alarms are the best. All I have ever done is come onto this site when neccessary to either give people yale advice or DEFEND yale alarms from being slagged of at every opportunity by pro installers trolling a DIY website.
If you are cheesed off because I install yale alarms for people exercising their right to make a free informed choice or that you feel the new yale franchise operation installing alarms threatens you then \im sorry there is nothing I can do about that so banging on at me on here like an old woman is not going to change that or the rollout of the franchise.

Here is something very very interesting
In Leeds there is an organisation called casac (check it out) Its a charity organisation that deals with victims of crime by doing home surveys and 'target hardening'
Now this is where it gets interesting. They are a POLICE approved organisation who are directly refered to by the police whenever they visit a victim of crime. Someone is burgled casac are informed and come round to see what the victim needs and guess what THEY FIT YALE ALARMS. They didn't used to but now they do along with door grills , window grills , locks etc. I know that they used to get approved companies round before because I had been to homes where people had approved systems quoted. It would seem they were totally ripping the poor victims off. I fitted a yale system to some ladies house after the casac approved installer had quoted £1500 for a bells only. So yes there are cowboys out there.

I would not call Yale DIY alarms crap. As I understand it the equipment and electronic hardware is built to a reasonable standard of design and assembly.

That said the overall system operation is poor due to compromises having to be made in the design due to the conflicting requirements of fail safe radio communication, self checking procedures and long battery life.

Long battery life seems to have taken preference.

This compromise means that the owner / user has to take on the role of checking battery condition and system integrity checks.

In a failsafe system these checks would be performed automatically by the control panel in such a way that faults would be found and then the owner / user clearly and rapidly informed that the system needed attention.

If for any reason the owner / user was unable to spot the change of flash pattern in a sensor's response to motion in the area it protects then that sensor's dying battery would go un-noticed.

From what I have read in this forum it seems a sensor's battery fails that sensor is allowed by the control panel to simply "drop out" of the system leaving that room un-protected.

Hi Bernard.
That is not the case in the control panel based system

if a sensor that is previously enrolled in the system starts fo fail if the battery starts to get low then on the lcd panel an orange light will come on and the lcd panel will beep every 30 seconds to warn of a fault,

When you set up the system you name the sensors so the message you get on the screen may be something like 'kitchen' ir sensor battery low

If an enrolled sensor drops out of the system completey you get another message
again the orange light comes on along with a beep every thirty seconds and on the fault log you get another message that says 'kitchen ir sensor not detected' or kitchen ir sensor device not working.

So you see with the control panel based system there are checks in place,

I know you have a thing against wireless alarms but for the money the yale systems do try to be as good as they can be.

Interesting drive around Harrogate last week.
Thought i'd do a spot of bellbox watching. I think it is safe to say Oasis that Yale are nowhere near as popular as someone likes to make out.

It's a town full of two bob millionaires - and even they appear to avoid the dreaded yellow peril.

Take a drive around south leeds instead where I do a 'lot' of work.

In Harrogate crime is low and most people have valuables needing protecting but which require an approved system. Hence no yale alarms around unless you go to the lower demographic parts of town.
(Did you like my house?)

South Leeds however is a different scenario. Lots of yale alarms because for some people its what they can afford.

You know some people dont even have home insurance

That is not the case in the control panel based system ~~~ ~~~So you see with the control panel based system there are checks in place,

But not when the master is the siren ?

I know you have a thing against wireless alarms
NO I do not "have a thing" against wireless alarms. I have concerns about many uses of wireless when it is not used for the right reasons and serious concerns when wireless communication is used to replace wireless without the necesary additional protocols to ensure the communication link is viable..

Too many customers are sold wireless as being better than wired using the big selling point of ease of installation but are not told of the technical problems that wireless has that wired does not have.

but for the money the yale systems do try to be as good as they can be.

As you say "for the money" . If the system was built to be as reliable as wired it would cost more than wired. That is acceptable where wired in not possible. Wireless is ideal only for broadcasting ( no reply needed and the listener notices if the radio goes dead ) mobile units and where communications have to cross an area where installing cables would be impossible.

[/quote]Police Approved
Is a direct "cut and paste" from your website.

Perhaps I should ring them and ask if it is allowed to use those two words and give them a link to the site.

If your going to lie, well. Nothing to say really.

Apart from,

You lie on your website, so do you do so in business?

A question, and statement of fact before you wet yourself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back