Yale alarms are crap because?

In Harrogate crime is low and most people have valuables needing protecting but which require an approved system. Hence no yale alarms around unless you go to the lower demographic parts of town.
(Did you like my house?)
Odd that.
One of the first things that happened when i got on site was the 'arrest' by security of a thief (complete with the 2 kids). 3 further incidents that day too.
No wonder the customer is spending £80k to upgrade their system.

South Leeds however is a different scenario. Lots of yale alarms because for some people its what they can afford.

You know some people dont even have home insurance
South Leeds know all about too. Don't see anything different to any other town/area.

Sponsored Links
Is a direct "cut and paste" from your website.

Perhaps I should ring them and ask if it is allowed to use those two words and give them a link to the site.

If your going to lie, well. Nothing to say really.

Apart from,

You lie on your website, so do you do so in business?

A question, and statement of fact before you wet yourself.

Alarm just STFU ring the police fill your boots get a solicitor do whatever you want but just pack in this hysterical mentally worrying behaviour you have.

NOWHERE on my website do I claim that yale alarms are police approved.
Any references to police approved on my website were in relation to the yale safes which ARE police approved.

In actual fact you are bringing up OLD cached pages because my current website does not even have the safes on them.

SO do yourself a favour

go and play with your toy helicopter

In Harrogate crime is low and most people have valuables needing protecting but which require an approved system. Hence no yale alarms around unless you go to the lower demographic parts of town.
(Did you like my house?)
Odd that.
One of the first things that happened when i got on site was the 'arrest' by security of a thief (complete with the 2 kids). 3 further incidents that day too.
No wonder the customer is spending £80k to upgrade their system.

South Leeds however is a different scenario. Lots of yale alarms because for some people its what they can afford.

You know some people dont even have home insurance
South Leeds know all about too. Don't see anything different to any other town/area.

What the heck does the shoplifting habits of the populace have to do with the proven low level of burglaries in a town like harrogate.

You and alarm are just inventing things and quoting out of context all over the place just so you don't have to admit you are a pair of old grannies who are wrong wrong wrong and wrong again.

go and join alarm playing with his toy helicopter

So, shoplifting is not thieving then?

If you could try force yourself away from the limitations of a yellow box you might just understand what security systems are all about.
She was your typical shoplifter - but just how do you think she was caught? pot luck, coincidence?

But then, systems ain't your thing is it.

Sponsored Links
So, shoplifting is not thieving then?

If you could try force yourself away from the limitations of a yellow box you might just understand what security systems are all about.
She was your typical shoplifter - but just how do you think she was caught? pot luck, coincidence?

But then, systems ain't your thing is it.

So a thread about yale alarms being crap turns into thread about shoplifting and the security systems needed to combat it.

Well you tell me was it a beloved galaxy panel that caught the shoplifters or was it actually NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH THE BOXES ON THE WALLS YOU HAD BEEN DESCRIBING EARLIER..

ha ha ha you are even more ridiculous than I ever imagined.

Crime in Harrogate is low - according to one member.
Yet i'm on a project in Harrogate because the customer experience is that crime is high.

Thing is, the customer has the evidence to prove it.

The world doesn't revolve around a cheap yellow box Mark. Live with it.

You have no idea what we fit, why and where. Needless to say, your one solution is not capable of meeting any of our requirements. So, on that basis, yes, the yellow peril is carp.

As before , it is a (Yale) cheap compromise.
Fit for DIY, yes.
Anything serious, as you make out NO.
NO , no and no.

Simple really.

Not fit for nothing but a cheap self satisfying ego boost. Compared to a well designed system paid for. End of. There really is no debate about this.

Even when you look at Yale threads elsewhere they are rife with problems ( not saying its not the DIYer at fault). But the facts are there.
Even you openly state the issues, battery life, do not believe Yale change at 2 yrs.
The addition of items is "hit and miss".
You admitto even once sticking the detectors to the wall with double sided tape ( yes i`ll mention it again, you did. So I can)

Need I go on, your a diyer in disguise fitting diy kit to people who you convince its great kit.

Trading standards might get a call about you actually.

YaleGuy

A DIY person has bought a system because the words on the box say it will provide the function(s) the buyer wants. But the buyer is ignorant of the whole picture and does not realise that some things are missing from the words on the box and as a result the system does not perform in the way the buyer expects it to. In most cases the buyer can claim the description is in-adquate and has a fair chance of having a refund of the price paid.

The manufacturer has made the error and/or ommission in the description printed on the box but the shop has to refund the money and claim it back from the manufacturer..

If you install a system that doesn't work as the customer required can the customer expect you to refund the cost of your install if at the time you knew ( from experience ) that the description on the box was in-adequate but did tell your customer that the system would not meet his requirements..

YaleGuy

A DIY person has bought a system because the words on the box say it will provide the function(s) the buyer wants. But the buyer is ignorant of the whole picture and does not realise that some things are missing from the words on the box and as a result the system does not perform in the way the buyer expects it to. In most cases the buyer can claim the description is in-adquate and has a fair chance of having a refund of the price paid.

The manufacturer has made the error and/or ommission in the description printed on the box but the shop has to refund the money and claim it back from the manufacturer..

If you install a system that doesn't work as the customer required can the customer expect you to refund the cost of your install if at the time you knew ( from experience ) that the description on the box was in-adequate but did tell your customer that the system would not meet his requirements..
Ah, now that leads onto the subject of insurance. The last time i saw a thread on this, i do believe YG was happy enough with his tradesmans insurance, basic public liability. Also struggled to understand why those in the trade said it was not sufficient. Perhaps he might see why now.

YaleGuy

What pompous crap Bernard you have slid well down in my estimation and now habit the same trolling pool as everyone else.

I have no reported issues of any of the alarms not working as expected.
When I install them I fully test them and they work exactly as described.
I don't just walk away I provide a fully guaranteed money back service.
How many times has someone asked for their money back you might ask.

None - zero not a single one.
I offer full warranty on all parts and labour and have always returned to anyone who has experienced a problem. I even give advice to people when the warranty period has expired something I expect neither alumni or Alarm would do.
I have never described the systems as police or insurance approved and if someone asks if they are I tell them they are not and suggest they try a local NSI installer - I even advise the names of some although they aren't aware I do this and don't get any kick back for doing so.

I am in short operating in a totally above board and honest fashion.
What I am doing is on exactly the same level as someone who will come out and put your flat pack furniture together for you except I go a little bit further than that and give free advice as well and offer to change locks to prevent what we all know is the achilles heel of any patio door.

You know the systems can be jammed but the system in those situations does exactly what it says in the instructions it sets off the alarm.

If you really have an issue with Yale's claims and descriptions then by all means Bernard report Yale to trading standards just as I suggested alarm should do the other day.

I personally have no reason not to believe exactly what Yale claims for their alarms because they have behaved exactly as described to me.

When I fit an alarm not once does it go through my mind that the alarm might not work as they expect because the feedback I get is that they all work exactly as expected. I started putting these up in 2007 and have not had a problem with any of them. After the first battery change is done the system continues axactly as it did from day one.

I just have not experienced any of the issues you are claiming Bernard.
The alarms aren't sold as any particular standard as alarm will keep telling you they are grade 1 and thats fine by me as they work exactly as a grade 1 alarm is expected to do.

When the alarm is set if someone opens a door or accross the field of a pir the alarm activates - what are you finding so difficult to understand.
I know that after two years the batteries need changing but guess what I tell the client this when I fit them and offer to come back and change them.
If they don't take up that offer whose fault is that?
When I fit the systems I give a years warranty on all parts and labour and I know the batteries will last through this period I also know that I will return to anyone who tells me they have a problem if I cannot resolve it over the phone.

I would be very careful what other accusations you continue to make Bernard as you are heading straight into the area of libel.

You might think arguing over the internet is devoid of risk but unfortunately it is not.

Here we go, the old chestnut rolled out again.

Dummy spat out and the old libel threat made??
FFS

You couldn't make this s***e up.

Care to name your rogue installer?

Shall we have a word with Honeywell about their crap system that you keep banging on about?

As before , it is a (Yale) cheap compromise.
Fit for DIY, yes.
Anything serious, as you make out NO.
NO , no and no.

Simple really.

Not fit for nothing but a cheap self satisfying ego boost. Compared to a well designed system paid for. End of. There really is no debate about this.

Even when you look at Yale threads elsewhere they are rife with problems ( not saying its not the DIYer at fault). But the facts are there.
Even you openly state the issues, battery life, do not believe Yale change at 2 yrs.
The addition of items is "hit and miss".
You admitto even once sticking the detectors to the wall with double sided tape ( yes i`ll mention it again, you did. So I can)

Need I go on, your a diyer in disguise fitting diy kit to people who you convince its great kit.

Trading standards might get a call about you actually.

For what?

Find a single unhappy client of mine and you would be welcome.

You better think of an excuse why fitting yale alarms is illegal quick because CASAC in leeds are now installing Yale alarms (you did google it didn't you?) as are Yale Security point franchises.
Casac are a police approved organisation and Yale are a huge brand with a huge reputation whos solicitors would chew you up and spit you out for breakfast.
In fact lots of people might start installing them. I gave advice to a chap down in southend who wanted to do the same.

To be fair and I have actually brought this up with Yale even though you say I never get into dialogue with them that the improvement I would like to see with the system is a change to a white box. however yale have said they want to keep with their corporate colour.
They don't look bad anyway as my website front age shows.

What's Casac got to do with the quality/capability of the Alarm system?
Especially when they have this little disclaimer

*Please note that Yale Standard Burglar alarms are not a Police or Insurance approved product.

*Please note that Yale Standard Burglar alarms are not a Police or Insurance approved product.

Because if you are burgled and the police come to your door in leeds they will arrange a visit from casac who will come round and suggest security improvements , The casac representative might suggest an alarm. Hopefully at this point he would say that the alarm is not police approved but if they didn't and relied on the person reading website smallprint the victim may be under the impression that because a police approved contractor came round that the product was police approved too.
Incidentally I went to the home of a client to do a bettery change for them and their son had been working for casac and he said they were installing 'loads' of the yale alarms.

Because if you are burgled and the police come to your door in leeds they will arrange a visit from casac who will come round and suggest security improvements , The casac representative might suggest an alarm. Hopefully at this point he would say that the alarm is not police approved but if they didn't and relied on the person reading website smallprint the victim may be under the impression that because a police approved contractor came round that the product was police approved too.
Hopefully??
So you don't know then. Just assuming.
In effect, just dribble and nonense.
You tried to give the product gravitas by linking to a site with Police connections. Ridiculous.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back