Hotpoint WD420 F12 / F09 error questions about the PCB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

after carefully reading the other posts on this more than helpfull forum i discovered that i have a predominantly F12 error (comms erros)

So this would point towards the PCB, I have removed the PCB from the machine (located at the rear of the machine on the bottom left corner) and can see no evidence of the blown C17 capacitor that seems to be a likely cause of problems. (I will try out a new cap in there just in case, but generally every thoing looks good on there)

This brings my onto my second question really, when i origionally got this issue (this morning) it was occaisonally F09 (eeprom setup error) and occasionally F12 (comms error) this seems to differ between power off/on the machine. so there is not a constant error showing here.

By F12 (comms error) i guess this could also be the pbc on behind the panel with the program selectors on it. (I have checked the for loose connectors and blown componants)

I think this final long initial post boilds down to 2 questions:

1: would the C17 cap on the main board alwas look blown if it was broken? (If C17 is not the root cause here is there any other likely candidates)

2. is it possible that the program selector pcb is blown (whats the symmptoms of that? (and any possible fix?)

Anyway many thanks in advance for anyones help on my evenings ramblings.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Right first of all c17 is only if all the lights flash. You fault is the 2 pcbs are not talking to each other. Bit like a row. Make sure connections are tight on pcb and retry if that don't succeed then the bottom pcb needs to be configured. Emw do ex pcbs for 40 quid.

Hey Rocks, thanks for the quick reply :)

ahhh ok my mistake ref C17.

yes i was going to contact emw as my next port of call ref a refurb.

historically speaking is is notmally the main PCB thats gone and not the program selector one.

yes have checked and double checked all the connectors between the two boards by to no avail so far.

i was just curious that the error is flipping between F09 and F12 ?

Yes it's the bottom pcb that causes it. F09 is EPROM corrupt ie got a spike or power fluctuation. That in turn causes f 12 communication error. One thing you can try is remove the lid and disconnect the plug on the top pcb then turn it on for 10 seconds then reconnect it and unplug it for 30 seconds. Then try it. If it's the same fault pcb needed.

Sponsored Links
Rocks, ok thanks, i will give that a try tomorrow and see what it does (i guess once the eeprom is corrupt its game over then)

cheers

one more thing rocky,:)

when you need prob a pcb is needed ; not im presuming that you (and everyone else to that matter) is talking about the pcb at the rear bottom left of the machine and _NOT_ the program select pcb?

cheers
Martin

Yes it's always the bottom pcb in the corner. The top is only a selector switch. I done 3 last week with f09 and I simply unplugged it for 30 seconds and it worked after that. So there's hope for you yet.

well here is hoppeing thanks Rocks, hopefully this is a simple fix and all will be good in the world of washing again :)

cheers

Hi. Thanks to all who posted info relating to trouble shooting the Hotpoint Aquarius Washer / Dryer F09 error code issue. My fix was to switch off the power at the mains for 30 seconds and to check that the door was firmly closed and this worked. Maybe I just got lucky, however it could just be worth a try before dismantling or calling out a Service Tech!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back