Boiler cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Combi Boiler (Alpha 240p) is playing up.

When we switch the shower or tap on initially the boiler ignites and we receive hot water. However, after a about a 30 seconds to a minute the boiler cuts out and the water goes cold. The Pilot Light remains lit though.

I tried switching the heating to 'on', to see if the boiler ignites and it does, but again cuts out after 30 seconds to a minute.

I am not sure how long this boiler has been fitted as it was here when we moved in 5 1/2 years ago. We have had a few previous problems with it and I am aware that Alpha Boilers are known to be utter tosh, so maybe cheaper in the long run to get a new one!?

I would be grateful if someone could help with a possible diagnosis for the problem we're having.

Cheers in advance.

Matt

Sponsored Links
Likely cause is the thermistors, change both, one on DHW side and the other on CH side. Now you are going to ask how that is done, aren't you? :rolleyes:

Thank you for the quick reply.

Don't worry I won't be asking how to do it - I'll just get a Corgi in.

Me and DIY don't go together! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back