CANDY condensor dryer MOdel GOC58F will not dry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We recently returned from holiday when my wife decided to put to much drying in the machine in one go. All the lights started flashing on the control panel MODEL Candy GOC58F and now the dryer will not heat the element, Is there a way of resetting the thermostat?

Sponsored Links
The flashing LED's signal en error code. There should be a distinct pattern (x flashes - pause - x flashes). That being said there are only a limited number of causes with no-heat issues. Thermostat(s), element, NTC, wiring, or pcb. Do you own a multimeter/circuit tester?

The flashing LED's signal en error code. There should be a distinct pattern (x flashes - pause - x flashes). That being said there are only a limited number of causes with no-heat issues. Thermostat(s), element, NTC, wiring, or pcb. Do you own a multimeter/circuit tester?

Many thanks for your post, I can get my hands on a multimeter. Once I turned the machine back on the LED's have stopped flashing, but there is still no heat. What is the normal cause so i can test the appliance?

Sponsored Links
Set your multi meter to "resistance" & check the continuity of the element & the thermostats. If both are ok & you are competant to do it check for a supply voltage across the element when the drier is running. Repost your findings if nothing amiss shows up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back