Electric storage heaters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help, we have just moved into a new house, there are 8 storage heaters already installed, 4 run off a 60amp consumer unit (4 wired 15amp fuse)the other 4 run of a MCB 60amp consumer unit 4x16amp.all run on economy 7.I want to add 2 more heaters, should I replace the old 4 way wired fused unit, with a 6 way MCB unit, and would 80amp be OK?

Sponsored Links
what rating are the storage heaters? do they share a service fuse with the rest of your system and what rating is the service fuse?

plugwash said:
what rating are the storage heaters? do they share a service fuse with the rest of your system and what rating is the service fuse?
Thanks for replying, the storage heater ratings are 1.70KW. sorry for my ignorance, what do you mean by service fuse?

confussed said:
plugwash said:
Thanks for replying, the storage heater ratings are 1.70KW. sorry for my ignorance, what do you mean by service fuse?
SERVICE FUSE IS THE dno's fuse where their cable enters your house. form there id imagine it splits, 1 goes to the meter for your normal electric usage and another will go to another meter, the economy 7 meter

Sponsored Links
andrew2022 said:
confussed said:
plugwash said:
SERVICE FUSE IS THE dno's fuse where their cable enters your house. form there id imagine it splits, 1 goes to the meter for your normal electric usage and another will go to another meter, the economy 7 meter
thanks will check and get back 2 U

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back