are tilt and turn reliable?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

ive just had a company round to quote for windows. when i said i wanted tilt and turn they said they didnt sell those as they are problematic and therefore too risky to install.

is this true or just an excuse because they dont sell them?

ive never had tilt and turn windows before and like the idea of them.

thanks.

Sponsored Links
They can be a pain when they start to go wrong, but more often than not they just need toe and heLing where they ha ve dropped, we fitted about 13 in a pub about 5 years ago and I have never been back.

I've got 'fake sash' outside-tilt-and-turn-over windows and they're 20+ years old.

Proper solid wood frames though, and the hefty metal struts and sliders don't have a maker's logo but the instructions are in English and what is probably Swedish.

The window restrictor has a Groupco logo and look similar to the PN Top Swing range.
http://www.groupcoltd.co.uk/pdfs/E01 0907.pdf

the advantage of the external tilt is that they don't interfere with blinds or knock things off the inside window sill when opening. It's really nice on a hot day to have the windows wide open.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back