Armoured Cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have run an armoured cable outside in the garden and need a supply nearest supply is the boards so will fit a weather proof box with a40amp fused switch, it also needs a earth should I use an earth rod, then do I connect into a connecting box and then run the tails into the boards box for them to connect, the cable will be glanded also what do I do with the earth, does that also go into the boards box? I have permission from the board to run the tails into their box,am I right so far,
Regards
sailaway

Sponsored Links
for a diy install its generally best to use the houses earth. Whilst there can be advantages to a seperate rod and the recs sometimes don't reccomend using a PME earth for outbuildings a badly installed rod earth is imo a much bigger danger.

if you do go ahead with an installation like this make sure that there is a notice by the main CU to indicate that it does not isolate the outbuilding supply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back