Worcester greenstar 24i junior problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
having problems with this combi

on Saturday morning my hubby put heating on turned it off then went out came back a few hours later and it was still on changed batteries on the control switch still wouldn't go off

turned the rad temp on the boiler to frost to turn heating off notice pressure 0 so got key to fix that but water kept poring out of boiler and not turning up pressure

turned it back up this morning no heating

pressed reset nothing happened
I have hot water but not as hot as usual

phoned gas man but would like to know what you think may be wrong before i pay a fortune for fix

Thanks

Sponsored Links
No pressure, no heating. Heating? It's June! No matter.

Pressure relief valve may be stuck open, so you can't get any pressure in the system. You might be able to jiggle the valve shut but probably it needs replacing.

It may have blown because of a different problem but that is hard to diagnose until it is replaced.

Wireless timer? Sometimes they go on the fritz. Might need to change the channel.

Possibly you did not get the key into the loop properly. They can be a bit notchty to insert. Water would poor out if it was not fully home.

PRV most likely had one leaking before, a jiggle sorted it.

Not easy to accsess.

Sponsored Links
PRV most likely had one leaking before, a jiggle.

Not easy to accsess.

How do you do that after you have had your jiggle?
Hey you made a joke!!! :eek: Nice one, I did'nt think you could.

Jiggle = open close the PRV a few times. Thats what I should have said in the first place.
Was I corect in my diagnosis? Yoda!

Heating not turning off and now hw not as good is likely to be the diverter sticking. Run a hot tap and hold the heatng pipes (the bigger diameter ones) under the boiler. Ifthy get hot the diverter is stuck.

I imagine the filling key wasnt inserted properly into the filling valve. That would account for not increasing pressure and water pouring out. The key needs to be pushed up until it stops then turned to the right 1/2". If its locked in place you wont be able to pull it out without turning the key back to the first position.

I would say that the filling key needs to be pushed as far as it goes.

Then pushed up and turned slowly and at one point it will go further up and then can be twisted 90 degrees when it will become locked and not be possible to putt it down.

Tony

Most gasmen charge reasonable rates.

I certtainly think that mine are very reasonable.

Why do you think your gasman is going to charge a fortune?

How much is a fortune nowadays anyway?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back