shower installation and pipework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am about to install an Aqualisa Quartz gravity shower in our bathroom.

Can anyone advise me, should I use copper pipe 22mm from the top of the hot water cylinder pipe then after 1mtr run the other 3mtr in plastic and reduce down to 15mm when close to the processor/pump unit. Are there advantages or disadvantages in this mixting of pipework or should it all be run in the same?. Also I have not used plastic pipe before only copper, do you need to use inserts only for compression fittings and do you leave the inserts out for using push fit fittings? Also if plastic pipe is to be used what are the different pipes that you see such as grey or white and what is the best.

If anyone has fitted this type of shower before (QZ.A1.BV.05) I would be grateful for advice regards any common problems that they may have encountered.

Many thanks pb

Sponsored Links
Take it in 22 as far as you can is my advice, once you have reduced down to 15, keep it at 15 from then on as there is no point upping the size again as you have already choked it down (probably teaching you to suck eggs there)

Yes, use inserts in both compression and in push-fit, or you will have fitted multiple showers :)

I have not fitted one of those, so cannot give input on that :)

Thanks for the advice John, never used plastic before thought that I would give it a go due to the cost of copper, I need to use 9mtr of 22mm in total and never used it before. Also there should be a better flow with plastic taking into account smoother bends.

Take it in 22 as far as you can is my advice, once you have reduced down to 15, keep it at 15 from then on as there is no point upping the size again as you have already choked it down (probably teaching you to suck eggs there)

Yes, use inserts in both compression and in push-fit, or you will have fitted multiple showers :)

I agree if gravity fed shower, then 22mm all the way, then 15mm at the last.

Always use inserts - but I don't get John506 quote ' fitted multiple showers' !?!?!

Good Luck :)

Sponsored Links
Look at the instructions?!

Quite agree.

Page 6 Step 2. Tells you all pipework should be 15mm.

If anyone has fitted this type of shower before (QZ.A1.BV.05) I would be grateful for advice regards any common problems that they may have encountered.

No issues they are straight foreward to install providing you follow the MI'S.

Look at the instructions?!

Quite agree.

Page 6 Step 2. Tells you all pipework should be 15mm.

No issues they are straight foreward to install providing you follow the MI'S.

Indeed, I've installed quite a few aqualisas and the instructions are pretty detailed.

I agree if gravity fed shower, then 22mm all the way, then 15mm at the last.

Always use inserts - but I don't get John506 quote ' fitted multiple showers' !?!?!

Good Luck :)

When he turns the main on for his shower, he will get a shower of water from the joints too if no inserts have been used :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back