clothes stuck in machine pls help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i\\\'m using zanussi jet system 1200 for quite a long while... just last nite, i wasn\\\'t able to open the door even though the door lock light is switched off.. so i tried using the washing programme and drain programme all over again but the door is still locked when the light is off... can anyone suggest what i could do? any help would be very much appreciated ...thanks

Sponsored Links
sorry no idea about your specific m/c but what happens if you put its outlet pipe (grey hose) into a bucket on the floor? it may be your m/c is still full of water

if water comes out fast, pump is not working, if water comes out very slow, pump or filter may be blcoked, if no water at all, put onto rinse and see what happens. then again, door interlock could be stuck

thanks eddie... i realized that i wasnt able to even move the machine, not to say to take the outlet pipe off.. if its the door interlock getting stuck (which i believe this is the case cos the door handle is looser than usual) is there anything that i can do?...thanks again for the quick reply

Sponsored Links
i realized that i wasnt able to even move the machine

Were you able to move the machine before? If so then I'd say that's conclusive. The drum is full of water. There's no way out of this without access to that pipe so you'll need some help to move the thing.

You can tell if it is full of water by putting it through a spin programme. If it gets to full spin speed then it has drained OK. It may just be a broken door handle. If so, you need to take out the mains plug, remove the lid and reach down to the door switch. You should see the end of the door hook poking through a square hole in the back of the switch. To open the door you prise this hook to your left using a small screwdriver.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back